Went to Sun-Alpine ski slope yesterday with guests from Oz. It was Wednesday (Mens' day ; ski pass 3,900yen --> 2,100 yen), so I expected a lot more people would be there but comfortably quiet.

aokikoslope01.jpg

Looks like slopes are all for us maybe because we got there 8 a.m. I gave the guests from Oz a notice that an old man can never wait for others for long if they were late on time when the old man is going to play! \:D

So the young guests from Oz were already there when I went out.

eek.gif

powinkashimayari.jpg

I'm a skier so just go where snow is groomed, but they are "YOUNG" snowboarders (almost children for me!) so they really like to get in powder.

aokikoliftdown.jpg

We all rode on lift on our way back from Kashimayari to Aokiko maybe because of some risk for avalanch. All courses were closed.

It was big nice and long day coz we started at 8 a.m. I left there around 3 p.m. as I felt a bit difficulty at my left leg - felt getting tight. Went to an onsen close by to relax.

They really like the Sun-Alpine, they say it's a lot quietter and enough powder for them. So if you could have enough time to spare, you should try there not only Happo, Goryu & 47.

wave.gif

I got a 2500 yen Sun Alpina one day lift ticket when I stayed at Alps Backpackers, other accomodations probably offer the same lift ticket discount.

The resort is very wide without many long runs, but at that price with decent snow, I wasn't about to complain. Good for warming up on your first day in Hakuba.