• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by mistapink:
things that bother me is slow lifts which take a million years and snowboarders who just ruin powder or sit down anywhere they feel like.
I get the snowboarders sitting down wherever they like part cuz it really is an issue but ruining powder?? Didnt know that only skiers are entitled to powder... confused.gif Though I wouldnt argue that itd be nice... ;\)
but I actually love skiing with snowboarders so F'that thumbsdown.gif

Music on the mountain shites me good – like many, I like the sounds of the mountain, not crap music. mad.gif

About the snowboarders spoiling the pow – the only thing I can equate it to is when SOME of them either fall, sit down or for some reason walk, leaving big divots on a near pristine slope.

Can’t the knuckle-draggers stand upright! confused.gif

(P.S: Most of my mates are snowboarders, so I’m just having another dig at ‘em, no flame intended.) \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Might be about sideslipping down runs they arn't good enough for
The same applies for skiiers no?
I'm not getting involved in this
I was just trying to interpret what the guy/girl was saying
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
 Quote:
what about when skiiers mogul-out the damn slopes!
Beleive me
Nobody hates this more than I
me too!! F'in moguls suck! mad.gif

Agreed. Lets leave the skiers vs. boarders for other forums. I wouldnt have as much fun with my mates if I couldnt ski with boarders. Just keep them from sittin down in the middle of the runs!!!!! :rolleyes: mad.gif
 Quote:
what about when skiiers mogul-out the damn slopes!
I was under the impression Boarders did that? ;\)

But agreed, it's not a skiers vs Boarders thing. Music on the slopes was the gripe anyway.

(Ditto on the '... wouldnt have as much fun with my mates if I couldnt ski with boarders.')

for the record snow is snow, it's just as much mine as it is yours, but I think we have all felt annoyed by the other side.....snowboarder get frustrated with moguls, skiers get frustrated with boarders....it's something we all have to deal with. But I think most of the people here have the right idea, that it's more about hangin' with your friend have a sick day weather your on two boards or one.....

but....F#$%^ the music

Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
Inefficient lift riding by not sharing the lifts when there's a queue. Like when two consecutive pairs go up on a quad lift they could've taken together to ease the congestion behind them. For a country that prides on caring for others and not being bothersome to people around them, this totally is. I guess it's partly the younger generation who are used to their own space, and a general populous afraid of strangers (unless they're drinking). Occasional riders who share pair lifts seem to be more experienced.
Agree with that one. Not just young people though. My friend tried to get on the 3 person chair in front of me last month and got elbowed and pushed back by two vicious old ladies who obviously wanted to share a private moment on the lift.

The only thing that I don't like is the getting up early in the cold and getting there - everything up to being on the snow. Then the performance getting back at the end of the day. Thats the worst part.

When I'm there I get annoyed with people getting in the way, causing holdups and riding with seemingly absolutely no awareness of anyone else on the slopes and being very dangerous with it too.

Those electronic, square lift tickets that you have to return at the end of the day shit me. I've forgotten to return them and get my 1000 yen back on more than one occasion. I like the paper tickets that you put into your holder, forget about and can count them up in May to see how many days(and how much money you spent!)in the season.