• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ski tour buses that have to stop to put on tire chains when I'm just minutes away from the resort tick me off proper! mad.gif

You'd think that a bus that's bound for the mountains would already be outfitted with snowtires to save time. One time, I was on a bus that had to stop and we didn't get to the ski-jo until noon.

Quote:
Originally posted by uggggllllyyyy:
 Quote:
Originally posted by IM:
Kumapix,

I thought most of the resorts banned smoking on the lift or gondola. I don't remember when was the last time I saw anyone smoking on a lift. Smoking should be banned in any building.
Unfortunately IM, becos smoking is like a national pastime here the locals tend to ignore this "rule". I have seen two lads getting on a Gondola at Hirafu with the ciggies in their mouths and the resort guys didn't even batter an eyelid. So I deliberately got on with them and told them to put the ciggie out, which they did. HAHAHA!

BTW, This was not an anti-smoking thing in general because I smoke too but there is always time/place etc.
I used to think it was pretty bad, but in honesty, the parts of Europe I have experienced are worse. People smoke in the lift line. And it isn't a formal line, it is a huge bubble of people. I have seen several ski jackets burnt with the owner totally unaware. It is selfish. Many ski jackets cost a lot of cash. It isn't just ciggies either. In Laax (Suisse) I regularly see young boarders smoking pot; in the restaurant foyers, in lift lines, on gondolas.

I second CB's hate for music on the slopes. It adds nothing and takes away plenty.

I also hate it when you walk in past the front door and are assaulted with warm dank air blast that reeks of bad breath, ciggy smoke, stale beer and chip fat. Oh sorry, that describes the front door of most London pubs who think it is a good idea to greet prospective customers with the rude smelling gas effluent from their ventilation system. Off topic yet again.
 Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
uhhhhh betty's late - must be putting on her makeup...

yehhhh baby it's onsen time for betty and i - yehh yesterday we were talking about filming HAHAHA, but not for you - it's all for the japanese boys and you know it!
Thatd have to be a pet peeve - putting on makeup before getting into an onsen :rolleyes: ;\)

That, and women who worry about their makeup on the slopes/in restaurants more than they ski/board too. That gives me the $hits :rolleyes: Youre out there exercising and sweating - you dont need to cake on the makeup.

Inefficient lift riding by not sharing the lifts when there's a queue. Like when two consecutive pairs go up on a quad lift they could've taken together to ease the congestion behind them. For a country that prides on caring for others and not being bothersome to people around them, this totally is. I guess it's partly the younger generation who are used to their own space, and a general populous afraid of strangers (unless they're drinking). Occasional riders who share pair lifts seem to be more experienced.

Didn't really listen to it much because I had my pod. But they were playing some American top 40 music. Heard some Sean Paul and Madonna at the lower lifts.

An awful lot of foreigners came out that day. Stopped to break for lunch and found a huge German family in one restaurant and a Chinese family in another.

The snow wasn't all too good. A bit of the snow melted from rain the day before and it was a bit mushy. But weather was pretty warm though.

people who litter on the slopes (or anywhere else, for that matter). Cigarettes, especially.

Oh, and the few extra drops that fall into your thermals (even after shaking) when you take a pee.

people who don`t have fun and take snowboarding/skiing too seriously

I guess I am the only one that like music in the background while boarding. \:\) Well it depends on what its being play, in America slopes they play Rap & R&B, but not too loud. So its a nice hint of music in the background. If you are not playing attention, you probably wouldn't even notice there is music. So it doesn't bug anyone else that doesn't like Rap or R&B.

Too bad they don't play techno, that'll get the blood going better!