Hello.

I’m doing a small study for an article of “pet peeves” (small or large complaints) people have when they go on ski and/or snowboarding trips. What drives you nuts?

I already know all about the poor etiquette some “bad apples” display, so I’m more interested in what you find most disappointing about the runs, facilities, food, hotels, transportation, staff, over-promising tour brochures or anything that made your trip less of a pleasure than you would want.

Also, what things have made your trip really special?

Would appreciate your opinions.

Thank you

Clarke

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by IM:
Boaders sitting in the middle of a run - I spray them.
skiers are guilty too - though probably not as much.

I hate how boarders sit right off the lifts so nobody can get by :rolleyes: Though that probably doesnt apply to people on here as you have much more common sense ;\)

Kumapix,

I thought most of the resorts banned smoking on the lift or gondola. I don't remember when was the last time I saw anyone smoking on a lift. Smoking should be banned in any building.

Quote:
Originally posted by IM:
Kumapix,

I thought most of the resorts banned smoking on the lift or gondola. I don't remember when was the last time I saw anyone smoking on a lift. Smoking should be banned in any building.
Unfortunately IM, becos smoking is like a national pastime here the locals tend to ignore this "rule". I have seen two lads getting on a Gondola at Hirafu with the ciggies in their mouths and the resort guys didn't even batter an eyelid. So I deliberately got on with them and told them to put the ciggie out, which they did. HAHAHA!

BTW, This was not an anti-smoking thing in general because I smoke too but there is always time/place etc.

I saw a guy smoking on the lift up the top of Happo. My mate Snot Boy yelled at him (we were behind them) when he was about to drop his cigarette butt into the snow. The guy looked real sheepish, pulled out a portable ash-tray and disposed of it properly. Why the hell would he try and drop it if he had gone to all the trouble of actually buying a bringing an ash-tray! Lazy wanker, is all I can say!

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
>BTW, This was not an anti-smoking thing in general because I smoke too but there is always time/place etc.

I wish more peeps who smoked thought like that.
Ah well, easy when you are a "Moral Einstein" like me!.......Sh*t what the hell am I smoking now?

yeh yeh runaway snowboards with no owners! what is that all about? i caught one on skyline on sunday, yehh alright i didnt catch it, it almost knocked me over - and then no one claimed it - so either they are falling from the heavens these days or some idiot lost it miles up the hill.

yehh that and people who never say anything but 'i can't hear you, the beats are too loud on the pod' - how rude is that????????????! cough...

oh yeah, people listening to music while they ride. then when you lead them in the trees they don't hear you when you yell 'stop - you can't go that way!' and they go into a gully with no way out. then we have to wait for them to hike out. grrrrrr

re:smoking, I onced yelled at a tourist in whistler who threw his butt off the lift in the summer!!!!!

yeh i know what you are talking about, but you know how much i LOVE the tunes, it's what it's all about - when the mountain is quiet i turn it up - when i'm in the trees, i'll take them out (next time)... but YOU KNOW mr. ft what it does to me HAHAHA, you know!!!!