SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
nekobi

nozawa hi matsuri

Fattwins, how long does it take from Nozawa onsen to Hakuba by car? Around one hour or so?

I'm also looking forward to seeing your wife there! \:\)

hey slow, sunrise, others-hows it going? being back in the us is nice, but definitely a lifestyle adjustment bc i'm in school and have no money. and i really miss nagano- esp now that its winter!! i was hoping to visit zwelgen in canada (she's a lifty at fernie this season) to get some riding in, but it doesnt look like its gonna happen " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

and slow to answer your q- its at least 2 hours nozawa-hakuba by car. more (up to 3+ hrs) depending how fast you get thru nagano city and snow conditions. not sure if there's a shortcut thru kinasa/togakushi or something.

iiyama then follow the signs to noz

C.B. Im still driving the mini with a giant box but we will end up at my house for the night to sleep.

You mean Friday night were gonna go to Hakuba first, ski at happo/tsugaike, leave mid-afternoon and head to Noz? Then drive back after the fire show? Cool. Getting to your place first and stretching/sleeping sounds good. Were leaving tom. around 9ish eh?

Got me Ipod but no Icartunes... be nice to have that eh???

I got a reserved seat on the Shinkansen today. I wish I had a car, and I can explore good Soba-ya around Nozawa Onsen...

Can I drive your legacy, Toque? ;\)

i wish i could 5 this weekend!! but i've got a bunch of stuff 5ing on, plus my board doesn't get back from the repair shop until 2morrow evening. have a blast!! U all R in 4 some sick, sick powder!

Of course I prefer sleeping in your warm room. Thanks, Fattwins! \:\) I wanted to drive Toque's Legacy, though...

I'm staying at Minshuku in the center of the town. I don't like staying alone there but I'm very excited about this trip, first time Nozawa onsen, Himatsuri, Minshuku... I'm really looking forward to seeing you there! ;\)

Looks like I'm gonna miss out on a great party/riding time. Oh well, should be good powder at Sahoro the following week (but will it be as fun without all you crazy guys?)

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content