hmm, not sure if this should go in the on topic or off topic... anyways, anyone headed to the nozawa onsen fire festival tomorrow (thursday)? i'll be there for the third straight year. its pretty fun, esp if you get there in time to drink plenty of the free sake \:D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it was a lot of fun. didnt get there til after 8, so missed some of it. but found plenty of sake, ran into nofakie and fattwins and a bunch of friends (other nagano jets). the fighting was crazy- some of the guys were getting bloody and sooty. i def recommend going next year if you have the chance. oh and it was snowing- todays prolly a great day on the mountain.

• 11 months later...

Oh man, I want to go - looks like the snow will be great.... and Fat's will be there.... but I'm not sure if I can get away yet. I'm deeply immersed in another project and don't want any distractions to delay me further.

Tell me you won't be bringing the fat skis Fattwins... please tell me you won't.... it will cause all kinds of problems if there's any possibility of even a mini mini powda clinic/session.

Damn slow, why'd ya have to post that? I thought Fats would be off somewhere with Toque if Phat's Luv isn't able to go (Fat's Love - get it - an SJ name for your wife, Fats). damn, I could be faced with a big dilemma here. Of course this forum is biased and will tell me to get my ass up there...

dude meet me at noz on saturday morning at the first parking lot. 8am sharpe and we will kill some sic terrain. I will then hit the festival and head back to hakuba for some chutes I think.

that means I wont drink much at the hi matsuri this year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
I'm there man
I'll drive out friday night

I want to meet some of the other SJ people as well. Great putting names to faces.
Yeah, met some hot babes on this forum too \:D

F.T. when you leaving Fri? I finish classes at 3pm and then will hafta go home and get me skis and gear...Your mate comes back to Kansai? Id luv ta go but gots ta be back Sun night mate \:\(

ooh i wish i could be there again this year. instead i'll be in chicago where the high is supposed to be -12C... yikes!

i definitely recommend anyone contemplating to make the trek and see this violent, sake-soaked festival. once you're there, you might as well ride the best slopes in japan!

nekobi, Hisashiburi~ \:\) It's good to hear from you again!

I couldn't meet you there last year but I'm looking forward to having fun with some crazy people this weekend!

Nobody from Tokyo going there??

I haven't booked Shinkansen or inn yet but thinking to get there Friday night around 10pm and leaving there Sunday afternoon.

Yamakashi, I'm sure that you'll be there with Fattwins on Saturday night. You can give me massage anytime if you want. :p

But seriously, after having lots of free sake, drunk Yamakashi sounds very dangerous... ;\)

Thanks for the reality check. It's sooo hard to say no to what looks like a fun weekend with slow and the crew, but thanks, Fats, I'll take you up on that later on. Sorry I won't get to meet Toque this time round... I'd love to see you and FT skiing together.

Besides, with all that massaging and sake going on all around me I may not be able to get a good nite's sleep. lol.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
I haven't booked Shinkansen or inn yet but thinking to get there Friday night around 10pm and leaving there Sunday afternoon.
Yamakashi, I'm sure that you'll be there with Fattwins on Saturday night. You can give me massage anytime if you want. :p
But seriously, after having lots of free sake, drunk Yamakashi sounds very dangerous... ;\)
Well, theres DAY yama and NIGHT yama - you seem to enjoy both ;\)