Ive just had a quote for accommodation in Rusutsu

the Powder Lodge and it was $500 a NIGHT!!! eek.gif

is that correct. I mean theyve gotta be kidding right?

The quote was from Alpine World in Sydney Oz

Im travelling on my own mid Feb and can only stay 7 or 8 nights and have heard that Rusutsu is a good place for powder but at that price I may as well go back to Switzerland again and spend 2 weeks like I did last year. confused.gif

Ive rung Alpineworld again and indeed it is $3500 a week as originally quoted because all the "special" prices they quote are twin share and the cost goes up exponentially if one is on one own.

People must be stupid to even consider paying anything like that (not you Fossil!)

- unless of course this is including a shit load of extras flights and the whole lot. It doesn't read like that though from what has been said.

Can't they just browse the web for something and compare, you would wonder how ripoff merchants can still survive. This site is the best place to and comes up on most searches easy to find. Then for individual hotels and stuff like that.

I get the impression that she doesnt know what she is talking about, However she was very quick to suggest Niseko where she could find lots of accomadation for the single skier?! So maybe Rusutsu is not their 'prefered' resort.

I may be chasing a set of all mountain skis, late model used or new as the deal I had set up for a pair of Metrons may fall through.

You had better make everything clear by asking directly to the accommodation.

Reputations sometimes work, but different people tell you different things so you always have to be the person to judge the stuff.

While you talk with the accommodation staffs asking this and that beforehand you'll get the atomosphere you'll get later when you stay there, I guess.

Good luck

thumbsup.gif

Hey Fossil

Myself & 2 friends stayed there last year (a twin and a single room). It cost less than AU$50 a night per person.

We were thinking about stopping there again this year for a few days. When I contacted the people in Kutchan, they said I needed to go through an agent this time. (send me a message if you want the contact details of the agent they suggested).

As for the lodge itself, it was empty except for the dude looking after new arrivals. We had a great time in Rusutsu.