I was talking to some friends over the last few days and quite a few didn't go snowboard yet because of the weather and snow conditions (like, too much). Also read in newspaper about some resort saying numbers are low and they say because of conditions.

Some people here not go because of like that?

I'm going Yamagata this weekend for a few, going to some work as well

How about these for starters:

- they don't like skiing when they will be frozen in blizzard conditions;

- they don't enjoy skiing when they can't see more than 1 meter in front of themselves;

- they don't enjoy skiing when they feel it might be dangerous.

Feel free to change skiing to snowboarding in those.

I'm not one of the above of course, just I can understand why some people might not be keen just now.

hahaha snow, snow and MORE snow = pooooooowder baby and ski patrol visibility at zero, it doesn't get better than this, lovin it.

intro, agreed - what indeed is wrong with these people?? the crew in hakuba (fattwins et al) - we are having a wild time on the mountain just now. but hey if people are not lovin it, well MORE powder for us, which is fine by me. seeeee you on the mountain... maybe.

Agreed. I went out on the 3rd at 47 and it was pretty tough conditions even for a powder munter like myself. This is partly to do with the fact that it was only my 2nd day out this year, and that I should've waxed up the board properly, but it was still hard conditions. Nothing wrong with that, I usually thrive on it, but it isn't great for the majority of punters. It's a shame that the great snow won't necessarilly be a good thing for resort profitability.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
I went out on the 3rd at 47 and it was pretty tough conditions even for a powder munter like myself.
yeah, it was bad enough that you went and bought a neckwarmer at the shop at the top of the gondola
wink1.gif harhar.gif

Well, there is the higher chances of avalanches. So far, I've only heard of 12 ppl getting buried this year. Zero fatalities for that one, just injuries.

Me...I didn't even think of the "Ski patrol - zero visibility". Man, that just opened up a lot of options.

I must say, it sucks that the businesses are losing customers over the snow. It's an extremely good amount too, but oh well. More for the outgoing boarder.

I do wish I had a longer and wider board though. I'm riding a 151, but a 156 would be nicer.

Seems it's the businesses own fault. Was supposed to go to Naeba tonight but my friends got worried about the snow and decided to call the hotel to check on the conditions. Hotel (Naeba Prince) told them the snow was really dangerous, recommended that we don't go and said there would be no cancellation charges!

wakaranai.gif

Predictably my friends all pulled out so now I have two days off and no snow plans! Gutted.

\:\(

Oh well..Going out with some non snow friends to get hammered tonight and gonna try to book a Gala Day trip by myself on Friday

happyglass.gif