A good day today at Kurobushi Kogen. No2 is starting to open up.

soubriquet_118.jpg

Ex- phoned to talk to my boys tonight. No2 told her that Japan is home sweet home. No1 then copped a 20 minute hard time about what he's not doing.

My boys come here for R&R. It's a holiday.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice day out today. Bit of a late start but the weather was kind and the snow reasonably dry and loose.

No2 discovered the tuck today. In picking up a lot of speed, he inevitably found the limit. A full speed wipeout late in the day put him off, so we went home. Some food and a kip in the car has fixed him up nicely and we'll be back up the mountain tomorrow.

A new jacket, that's right. New salopettes, skis and boots too. Tuff life, innit?

We were out again today. Near perfect conditions, busy but not crowded. Clear and sunny, with fantastic visibility. Excellent snow generally but with a few stony and grassy patches showing through. I've bought a kit and waxed all the skis. Much easier to turn, and they would glide on just about any slope. thumbsup.gif

This was the tribe about to take on a "black" section at the top of a red run.

soubriquet_121.jpg

Fantastic view, all the way to Gassan in the west.

soubriquet_122.jpg

I have to apologise to daver, who made it out to Higashine station (as I said) and not Sakurambo Higashine (where we were). Didn't know there were two Higashine stations. Oops.

Around 10, at least. A dump would be very welcome, but the snow here is still very good. Plenty of loose snow on a well packed base. I hit a stone today, and picked up my first gouge in four seasons. Poor season or not, Tohoku continues to reliably provide better snow than Europe or OZ/NZ, unless you are lucky.

Hey. Cut me some slack, you bums. I'm no stylemeister, but I've had to buy three sets of kit in three years.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with rear entry boots. I used to be quite the chick magnet in mine \:\)

• 3 weeks later...

We are winding down now. There has been less progress than I hoped. I didn't get the balance right this year. The next season will be fewer but longer days at a wider variety of ski jos.

No2 son was very blue this morning. I put my arm around him, and he grabbed me and gripped me. Then he cried silent tears. That set me off. Next week will cost me 5 days returning them to Perth. No2 loves living here, and hates his mother. I feel like a total bastard handing him over to a nightmare.

• 1 year later...

No boys this season. They are too precious to travel (according to Mum).

Against my will, Mum sent No1 son to the most elite academic school in Perth. After 2 years of paying fees and screaming to my boy that he does not do what She wants, She is sending him to the local Catholic boy's School.

I don't meet my ex-wife's standards. Neither do my children. Her Mum moved from Hong Kong to take up the slack. Dan loved to spend his nights with pawpaw, but she died of cancer.

No boys this season. I don't meet the female filth's standards.

I have not seen my boys for a year. I won't see them for at least another year.

Mum is in control. Hooray for Mum. Let's hear it for the Child Support Agency. Playing computer games in Perth is far more constructive than being in the mountains with dad.

Let's face it: Mummy plus the Child Support Agency protect children against their fathers. It is absolutely essential for women to protect boys from men. If authorities allow boys to associate with menfolk, who knows what will happen. Boys may actually grow up and take responsibility.

Not possible. Mummy wants baby sucking at the tit.