Pretty nice snow for mid march SockMonkey

I love how the Japanese forests collect snow on the branches. Even the skinniest tree will have a tower of snow on it.

Oyuki - You really seem to not like skiing. You are mostly just razzing us but...maybe a bad experience on 2 boards?

I have to admit I havn't tried snowboarding but for me it just isn't practical.

id call a snowboard a misery stick in the Backcountry. There is no way a snowboarder can keep up with a skier in the BC.

Thats why I will never change over to a board. Plus skiers are going just as fast if not fast then any boarder now.

I'm just teasing you guys. I'm an ex-skier myself, so don't take what i say too seriously. 'Misery sticks' was just a joke my roommates used around the house, but is relevant if you've ever lost a ski in powder.

But seriously, i love the pics. I miss riding in japan sooooooo much.

And Fattwins, you are right about speed. Skiers can go faster than snowboarders, and i found skies more manuverable in tight trees than a snowboard (which is not really the case in Japan). But having said that, i feel way freer on a board, an am starting to experiment riding without bindings in powder.

Its called noboarding www.noboard.ca and it gives you a huge rush.

But let it be known henceforth, i am full of shit. Please don't take any anti-skiing comments seriously (and by the same token, please don't take yourselves too seriously either), and maybe we can ride together in Japan when i get over there.

(i do draw the line at snowblading though...)

Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stag:
lol, he's been fishing for months and he finally got a reaction.
I've been watching and waiting. Buying my time. I didn't really care about the "Ban Ski Grabs" quote as I'm not a park skier but thought I would bring it up.

It's all good though
Where you able to use your Japanese in Whistler Oyuki?

Not as much as you'd think. There were a couple japanese girls in the same instructor pod as me, and we'd chat. And i also taught part-time for the japanese snowboard school (boardsports), but not a whole lot. I lived in squampton, so i didn't get to socialize that much in Whistler.

I'm looking for jobs in japan right now, and we'll see how that goes. If i can't find anything be september, i'm flying over and looking in person. Maybe i can get to ride with you guys this upcoming season!

As for the 'ban ski grabs' thing, its also a joke. (although i do think grabs would look cooler if the guys lost the poles)

They tried that already when snowblading was big. It looked dorky. Poles are here to stay.

**** YOU. I'M FROM SQUAMISH

You see any of those stickers around?

nice town if you're a skid, climber, logger, skier/snowboarder

And it has one of Canada's very few Taco Bell restaurants

Toque go to Toronto Taco Smell is everywhere. I used to eat that gut wrenching food everyday i could at school.

oyuki good luck with the job search. You should bring some fat skis over for me lol.gif

Yamakashi, that isn't me in the Zao shot, I just took the picture. It was a sweet place though the weather wasn't soo good up top.

--

geez, now you guys have me remisniscing about the early stop at Tim's for breakfast on the way up to whistler. tuna salad sammich and a boston cream. coffee if i've been swerving too much

i went to school in Kingston, the taco bell on campus was the most vile slop and I never ate it, but I came to love fries supreme after a long day at whistler.

I've always been a fan of the Ham and Swiss sandwhich, clam chowder and boston cream pie combo.

Either that or Clam Chowder in a bread bowl

"I once ate 36 hard boiled eggs"

"I once ate an entire bowl of chilli"

"Um ok..."

"And then I ate the bowl!!!!!!!!"