So anyone planning on hitting up one of the best places on earth to go riding? Too bad the snow is kind of sucking at the moment, but it should be picking up pretty soon! Let me know, I'm here for the season but hitting up the JET ski trip in Feb. Going to be sweeeeeeeeeet.

Whistler's a sick resort anyway, the snow was average last season but I still had a great time hiking into untracked bowls, building jumps over creeks and hitting the several parks and halfpipes. We still got some good powder days and it didn't really matter too much that it was raining heaps in the village.

today it snowed some more. got some decent pow (not like japan though) except that there are lots of sharks. got a core shot 2 days ago and I was lucky not to get some more today. Did Spankys today. Peak is alright, top of vd trees is good but the bottom is crap. it was raining too high all last week. Same for the rest of the secret spots - top is good (if not tracked out already) and the bottom is nasty. Toque, you should have more snow when you get there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ausbc:
Whistler's a sick resort anyway, the snow was average last season but I still had a great time hiking into untracked bowls, building jumps over creeks and hitting the several parks and halfpipes. We still got some good powder days and it didn't really matter too much that it was raining heaps in the village.
Really? I heard it was the worst snow year in 25 years. Not exactly average. And while yes, there were a few scarce chances to ride pow (previous to March), the ride-out sucked, and a lot of good terrain was not available, which put a damper on my first and only season there.