• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Hey guys,

we are 2 German boarders visiting Japan for the first time and our plan is to spend one week in Habuka. We arrive 27.01. Friday afternoon and heading to Habuka by train on Sat. morning. If you have space and you don’t mind, we would join you for the party and of course for some riding.

We didn’t book a hotel/backpacker yet since it seems that there are numerous possibilities or would you recommend to do so?

Cheers

Max and Karl

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, finally I know what I'm doing (kinda).

1. I'm coming. thumbsup.gif

2. I'll be getting the shink/bus up on Saturday, this will allow Jane's crew to depart and arrive earlier than 4-5am, and perhaps get a decent nights' sleep. I will probably not get much sleep myself cos I'll still be getting home late and waking up early. (I'll be going back on Monday same way).

3. Important: can some kind soul please help me out with the bus timetables from Nagano/Hakuba - is there a website and if so, which kanji is which? I can sort out the train myself. Thanks!

4. The unexpected news is that the Hakuba good fairy landed me a lounge gig at Momonoki Hotel in contra for 2 nites accomodation. This is worth doing for me (and them) cos if it works out I may be able to work there in the future and thus wind up skiing more than I'd hoped this season and they'll get some live entertainment, which seems to be lacking up there.

5. This bit is long, bear with me:

It's currently looking like the best way to do this gig would be for me to perform there on Sunday nite, the manager had been looking at the Sat nite, but since people don't seem to meander into Momonoki's lounge area until around 8/8.30, and if I do a set at 9pm on Sat that would mean I'll have to leave the party and come back and by the time I get back you peeps at the party may already be leaving and/or collapsed in a drunken stupor for all I know, and I will have missed half the fun...

Since the main reason for me coming up in the first place is for the party, I would prefer to relax and hang out without having to disappear from the middle of the party (unless I can disappear and return a lot earlier) I don't mind doing a set there earlier but it seems there would be no-one there, so there's no point.

The manager, who is a very cool Aussie woman, is still hoping it might work out if I do a set at some point on the Sat.

She definitely doesn't want to step on anyone at Track's toes or FT (who organized it all in the first place). She suggested that if people were interested they could have pre-Tracks drinks at the hotel at say, around 6pm or so for an hour or longer (with yours truly doing a set there singing away at the piano), and then Momonoki would provide a shuttle bus to Tracks at a designated hour. They're also happy to provide a shuttle if people wanted to go to the hotel after the Tracks party is over. I don't think that would work out personally. I see on this thread that folk are planning to go the FT's place for the after party, and also by that time other folk will simply want to go to sleep, so I'm thinking that would probably be a non-event, plus by that time I'll probably be pretty tired myself.

But if folk are interested in pre-dinner drinks at Momonoki with shuttle bus to Tracks (or post-party) please let post here. If there's no response I'll assume it's a no go and will let the manager know, she's waiting to hear back.

Personally I'd be happy to just play on one night (ie, the Sunday), but I did tell the manager I'd post a note here to see what people might want to do, so if it turns out that any peeps feel like some piano lounge pre party drinks I certainly don't mind doing a set.

(Hmmm, can people staying elsewhere use the Momonoki onsen? If so people might want to onsen there, chill at the lounge and then go on to Tracks for dinner more drinks and debauchery...)

Sorry for the lengthy post. I'll assume no feedback means no interest. I figure this is a party after all, and people are likely to not be interested in anything beyond the original plan.

At any rate, the good news (for me, anyway) is that I'll be there after all. \:\)

And I'll be very happy to finally meet the SJ guys, sorry SJ #3 can't be there. SJ #1, are you the guy from Yuzawa that I always wind up in email conversations with? Is there an SJ#2?

It'll be good to meet other people I haven't yet met. Montoya, will you be coming? Seems like quite a trek from where you are....

Hey, I will actually get to meet the famous Toque after all.

Slow - maybe you can put your friend into a ski class on Sunday and ski with us, you never know, maybe we can get a short powder lesson from FT again if he's not too hung over, or too busy with the BC heavies..... I will try and catch up with you on Saturday, but it will depend on where you go. Of course I'll be staying right near Happo. Tsugaike will be too far for me to get to that day. I'll keep in touch with you by keitai.

Actually I don't have a choice (but you know which one I'd pick ;\) ) We have our entrance exam shit going on that Saturday, so to get up to Hakuba after work in time for the festivities is actually impossible...

Sunrise, I will drive Saturday early morning to Hakuba, if you are looking for a ride let me know (or anyone else who wants to come along).

I'll do my standard 1 day trip so when the lifts close I might have a drink somewhere and then head back to Tokyo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:

Gamera, you too - can you make it?
No oyaji filter??? eek.gif lol.gif \:D
I am not sure if I could make it or not.
Perhaps hard while an inn master holds customers staying in his place.
Maybe just for minutes or so.
Let's karaoke!