2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll add on in the future? Kool.

Nice to hear you're in love again CB. \:\)

Jane, thanks for the info update. Slow, I think book without me. I have no further info about Sat nite at this point and don't know when I will. If I do come with you I can bang on the door at FT's place at 5am and demand to be let in.

For now, it's "dunno yet".

Beers won't sway me - I don't drink beer...

I will try and leave Tokyo on Friday early or mid-afternoon. I have room in the van for 5 or 6 if anyone wants a ride. Between the Slow/me jane rides and my van, we can work out rides back on Sunday as well. If anyone is still pondering whether to go or not - there are officially no excuses not to go...

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Depends on how fast the crew can get to Fattwins place. Snowglider lives the furthest

dont worry about me sport billy, I have the day off so I will be the first one to be there, ergo I will be warmnig the shotgun seat
biggrin.gif

Wheres everyone going to ride on Saturday? 47? Happo? I would be nice if we all went to the same place.
Does Happo have that all you can drink wine bar at Usagidaira Cafeteria? it would be good place to have a late lunch and warm up for the party

also Sunrise, Nicks place is pretty big
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
 Quote:
Originally posted by me jane:
Slow's friend
Who is this Slow?
thumbsup.gif
And are you staying at Nick's?
That's where the pre and post SJ party will be
It's my new friend. She is a beginner skier. I think I have to ski with her on both Saturday and Sunday. But I hope she can find a nice guy to enjoy skiing together there.
All you can drink wine bar! That sounds good!! \:\)

sunrise, you mean 5am Saturday morning?
 Quote:
Originally posted by Hawaii50:
CB,
Where (Tracks??) and when? You gonna be riding on Sat?
It will be at Tracks and will email Fattwins bout the time....Yup, most definitely riding too. Dont know where yet. Depends where Fattwins drives to cool.gif

>She did a particularly impressive impersonation of Superman flying backwards at Happo over new years.

I was laughin my @ss off at that lol.gif The way I saw it was in slow motion too. Just a total face plant with the rest of her board and body curling up like a deformed letter "C" lol.gif After a few minutes of laughter she gets up and straight lines the rest of the hill cool.gif

i'd like to go, but i'll be up in Goryu this weekend and i don't know if i can afford to go up two weekends in a row. (haven't been reading the board lately... ergo the bad timing)

for those offering rides from Tokyo, what am i looking at for gas money?

me jane, I can be in Nakameguro anytime after 6 pm. Slow what about you 2, are you still working in Shibuya, will you be coming straight from work?

Montoya, I ve done the root from Yuzawa to Nozawa through the 117 kokudo last year. I wouldn’t do it again during the winter even if it was an emergency. It should be a nice drive during spring though.

I think your best chance making it fast to hakuba is to get on the highway. Get on

Yuzawa IC, drive down the Kanetsu till Fujioka JCT change to Joetsu highway towards Nagano get of at Kosoku IC and after that use the local roads. It is 200 km on higway and 50 on locals so it should take you about 3 hours to hakuba.

Quote:
Originally posted by sock_monkey:
for those offering rides from Tokyo, what am i looking at for gas money?
At a very wild guess somewhere between 5 and 10 thousand yen. But I really don't know. I guess you can think around a tank of petrol (around 7,000yen) each way plus whatever the highways cost (more expensive than gas) divided by the number in the car.

When having Chuo-do expressway;

Shibuya to Takaido: 19Km & hway 700 yen

Takaido to Toyoshina: 215Km & hway 5,050 yen

Toyoshina to Kamishiro Sta: 58Km

Kamishiro Sta to Hakuba Sta: 4.4Km

Hakuba Sta to Happo Cross: 1.6Km

Total 298 Km & hway 5,750 yen on one-way.

PS. When you want to escape from traffic around Shinjyuku, pls ride on Eifuku and get off from Takaido. In this case, you can save 1,100 yen hway cost a round.

Montoya, I hope to see you there!

monkey, I think highway cost is around 8,000yen each way. So 30,000yen divided by 6 = 5,000yen?

me jane, tsonda, I and my friend can get to Nakameguro around 8:30pm because I want to go home(Jiyugaoka) after work to get ready and pick my skis up.

Oh, no. Joshin-etsu & Olympic road is better.

Nerima to Koushoku to Nagano : 204Km & hway 4,900 yen.

Nagano to Hakuba: 45Km

A brochure tells Nagano IC route takes 3 hours 40 min and Toyoshina IC route takes 4 hours.

But, I've never taken Nagano IC route for avoiding traffic on Kanjyo No.7 from Ohara to Nerima, though my navigation system recommends Nagano IC route. Also, I prefer the traditional Toyoshina route. The navi might be right...

Edit: I changed "yes" to "no", which Japanese sometimes take mistake. (laugh)

PS.

When you leave Nakameguro at 21:00, Nagano IC route must be better. But, if you leave Nakameguro at 9:00am, Toyosina IC route is better coz Kanjyo No.7 or No.8 has terribly much traffic. Joshin-etsu-do sometimes has much traffic. Chuo-do is usually smooth except traffic around Sagami-ko for Tokyo on the late afternoon of weekend days. I heard Olympic road has traffic on weekend days, ...not sure. I love to drop by "Yakushi-no-yu", Ohmachi Onsen located between Toyoshina and Hakuba. Yakushi-no-yu is a big public onsen who has many guests.

http://www.joy.hi-ho.ne.jp/ma0011/T-Nagano75.htm

http://map.yahoo.co.jp/pl?nl=36.31.25.43....x=225&CE.y=215

PS.

I found a good English page.

http://www.hakuba47.co.jp/06winter/e/access.html