• SnowJapan Moderator

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/spotlight/powdertv.html

Hanazono Niseko resort this year are beginning to provide video reports 6 days a week direct from Niseko. Each report will be up online around 11am, Monday to Saturday so if you are interested in finding out more on what's going on up there in Niseko, check the above link.

The "Powder TV" reports are brought to you in association with, and supplied by, Hanazono Niseko Japan.

Please note that Snow Japan is not responsible for the content of the reports.

Her teeth are whiter than the snow!

I am now waiting for a daily oz aerobics show direct from the slopes of "nissiko" every morning. C'mon liiidies, 1, 2, 3...that'll warm you up lol.gif

It is actually excellent to have a daily video in english direct from the slopes, cannot blame anybody for that. Also a good idea to put a japanese lady in there, otherwise it would feel a bit too much like a cultural invasion. Amazing what money can do.

The worst "snow report" I have ever seen. It is just one big advertisement ... Stay away. And how is the token Japanese person there just to remind you that the report is actually coming from Japan and not bloody Australia!?

• SnowJapan Admin

It is quite obvious that some people are going to like this - and some are not. We have already had mails coming in from people saying it is a great idea and those saying otherwise.

We thought that these reports would be of interest to people who are on their way to Niseko. This page is in no way 'in your face' - if you don't like it, you can very easily ignore it.

Quote:
Originally posted by window-cleaner:
Well, if you are going up there any reports are good. icon14.gif

I suggest if you feel Niseko is garbage then just don't watch it, don't go, don't waste your energy complaining and do something more positive instead. How about that?

Wow that was really creepy, talk about ignorance with the pronounciation. That blonde bimbo is really annoying, as others have said there is only one reason someone would fork out money to pay for this... advertising!

Quote:
Originally posted by fb_steve:
Wow that was really creepy, talk about ignorance with the pronounciation. That blonde bimbo is really annoying, as others have said there is only one reason someone would fork out money to pay for this... advertising!
Don't like it - don't watch it Melbourne boy - seriously... pronounciation - what, and you have passed your level one JP?
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Jeez. Creepy.

BTW, it's pronounced "ni se ko", not "nissico".
hokkaidono ben ha chotto chigauyo! niseko ha ainu no kotoba dakara hatsuon ha chigau. Need a tran-sl-ation??

It is one word that they can be taught the correct pronunciation of in 5 minutes yet they do not train these people at all, who are "ambassadors" (!) for the resort.

Her pronunciation and accent are both awful. I dont care what anyone says.

Quote:
Don`t like it- don`t watch it Melbourne boy-seriously... pronunciation-what, and you have passed your level one JP?
:rolleyes: rather aggressive post, i mean FIRST post for someone sporting tha name " genki ", don`t you think?? you wouldn`t happen to have a vested interest by any chance would you genki?? me thinks you might ;\)

anyway, CRAP in every sense of tha word- imo \:\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by genki:
Don't like it - don't watch it Melbourne boy - seriously... pronounciation - what, and you have passed your level one JP?

Welcome to the forum GENKI.

I agree totally with Powwers here. First post on this site and you come blazing out of the gate really agressive. I could be wrong but your reaction also makes me feel like you have a vested interest in this. Apparently your description says you are Japanese and a student. Frankly I find it hard to believe. why? Well you seem to speak Japanese fluently (well at least the romanji version if it) so I am sure you also understand the Japanese culture as well as the kindness of Japanese people really well, therefore I am sure you do not need any explanations as to why I doubt your being a "Japanese Student" mate! You see, these agressive behaviours by foreigners are exactly what we do not enjoy seeing in Japan and what turns so many people off.

I am also NOT of the opinion that people should join this site just to support their commercial ventures.

Yes, it is true that fb_steve got a bit carried away and did not use a politically correct word to describe the lady in the clip who is probably a snow enthusiast just like us and is just trying to make a living while enjoying her passion in a great spot.

I also think that some serious hard work is going into these videos (editing videos is a pain, so doing it everyday...!!!) and that they are a great source of info for people from abroad who have a trip planned and want to get some info on the local conditions.

So I think that it is fair so say that people who do not like it do not have to watch it. Having watched it once to find out what it looks like though, I must say that IN MY OPINION (yes it is just my opinion) it is a very obnoxious and culturally insensitive format.

Hint: Do you know why so many foreigner who live in Japan love it so much? Because it is so different from so many standpoints especially from a cultural one. Sure, I guess some foreigners coming to Niseko do not care about the culture and just want to get their powder fix. That is also an understandible possibility, but I would bet that is not the majority.

On a more positive note, I will be looking forward to GENKI's positive contribution to this forum in the future and to his many more posts to come.