Ricardo, u from Oregon? Must be a big change living in S.korea. But I read in magazine. S.korea ski resort is opening up all oover the place. have u try one of the resort there yet?

thinking about stopping by S.korea to try it out next season.

huge change!

advantyper, here's an indication of the riding in korea...i'm lurking on a japanese site (but there's a reason for that...).

my town has had 80 inches in 3 weeks and there's nowhere to ride in the rice paddy flatlands i'm in. there are many resorts here and i've only been to one so far (muju) and half was closed. it is 'early' season (ok, i don't want to hear how much snow everyone else has...let me remain in my bubble) so i still have hope for the steeps and deeps. there are many reasons to visit korea as it is an amazing place, but as far as the riding goes you'll have to ask me again in a month.

i lived in portland for 8 years before moving here and have spent countless days on mt. hood (meadows, tom dick and harry, newton creek, zig zag, crater rock, etc.) if you want any info let me know.

oh yeah, if i'm still here you have a place to crash.

cheers!

(tip: hard W winds after a dry fresh snow will deposit a constant supply of freshies on one bowl. a friend and i hit that run over and over one night with fresh tracks every time! keep cutting right to maintain fresh and steep)

hope all you old school snowjapners are enjoying the snow out there...

I just rode at the Meadows on Mt. Hood last weekend, and it was, ummm, good to be on skiis, but not much else. Past week in hood river was the crappiest weather ever...from snow to ice to rain to snow to some strange substance inbetween that changes consistency every 30sec, but still manages to freeze trees to the point of structural failure...

all that beautiful snow that came down in the nw in nov. is quickly melting melting away...I miss the pow \:o

danz

Hey Ricardo

80inches thats a ton of snow! I was in S.Korea two years ago for fun, the subway is so cheap and the food was good.

In mid November to mid December, Mt.hood had superb powder and new snow regularly. But since two weeks ago, a lot of the snow from the storm all melted. Hopefully we'll get more snow soon.

Looking forward to Whistler during New years, hopefully their snow is keep falling.

Happy Holidays!