The burton warranty is great actually. I purchase the SL8, C60 & vapor two months ago. Somehow my C60's right highback crack, I never fill out the warranty card, I just call them, they told me to send it back. My new pair of C60 replacement arrived last friday. But then again, I don't know how the international warranty people treat their customers. When I called Burton's U.S. return number, everyone I talked to were really helpful.

yea, the C60's highback is carbon fiber reinforced. the tip of the highback cracked after the second day of use. I have a bad habit of folding down the highback, before I get on the lift, I think during the day of boarding, a boarder or skiier must have ski or board over my folded down highback. there was a sharp cut on the EVA foam pad on the highback as well. so it looks like someone ride over my highback.

Anyway, I used to ride Salomon and Flow gear. this is my first season with full burton gear. THe SL8 is so comfortable and light. the C60 and vapor combo is featherweight.. before I try Burton gear, I thought they were over price gear, but after 22 days of riding on them, they are the best gear I used so far.

Folding down the highback is not a bad habit, its neccassary with low chairs and the burton manual that came with your bindings endorses doing it. You didn`t notice someone riding over your board?

As for burton warranting their stuff, they have to be good at it, because they put out so much crap.

I used to be very happy with burton back in the day, but as a rider and instructor, i can`t endorse them anymore. Their high-end stuff works like a dream.... for one season, if that. And they are notorious for breaking. Everything. boards, boots, bindings, and outerwear.

Most of the instructors i worked with in the last few years use burton, only because we get a deal from them. The spines on the high-end boots break, and the boots tend to be cold. The ratchets on the bindings bust within a month or two of normal riding (mine too), and their boards were being snapped like crazy, especially the un-incs (to be fair, the un-incs are park-specific boards, and do get a fair amount of action. However, that should be accounted for when making them). Pants with pockets falling off after 12 days of riding, and i knew someone who put their thumb through a new pair of burton AKs, when wiping water off of them.

They produce quantity, not qulaity in my opinion. A few of their board designers left a few years back because they were disgusted with burtons insistance to design boards that only last one season. They formed Rome, which has an excellent reputation for quality.

There are so many other companies out there producing quality boots, boards, and bindings. I don`t understand this facination with burton.

Has anyone got the DCshoecousa boots with the BOA lacing system? I am thinking of buying one pair next seazon. I currently use a pair of Burton Rulers for the 4th seazon in a row. They are still in good shape, but gone a bit soft from use so I need something stiffer.

My friend had the DC Shoe BOA lacing system, after like 20 days of use the lace broke, then he return them for repair then after half a season the BOA system broke on him. I don't think the BOA is that good, but thats just my opinion.

As for burton stuff, so far so good, hope they will last me several seasons. They wouldn't cheap. I also got their AK 2L jacket, the jacket so far is great, the goretex really keep all tthe water out.

burton overall are a on the pricey side, but they do look good. I'll have to see how long these setup last me. probably going to ride at least 100-140 days this season.

• 4 weeks later...

i bought a pair of 05 Burton Ions yesterday - they felt plenty stiff enough, & were lighter & lower profile than the Driver X, plus very comfy. & the price was right. & there were no more driver X 05s in sydney in my size anyway. Will report back after 2 weeks of use in Feb \:\)

I've had "K2 Proof" boots since last season and "Burton Rulers" before that. The BOA system on the Proof boots are exactly what the doctor ordered. I got 'dem chicken legs and I can never get regular lace up boots tight enough.

burton have engineered most of there gear to last about 60 days. This is great if you only ride 10 days a year or something. If you live in a resort and ride everyday they are dead within 2 months.

I had a pair of Sabbaths last season and i could flex them so I could point my toes down at the ground.

CHEERS

DAVID

Thanks for all the comment, I ended up buying a pair K2-T1's. hope they go alright. Have to wait a month now before I can get over there to try them out. Heard the snow has been a bit crazy at the moment, hope it keeps up till I get there.

Cheers all

For some reason I didn't see this thread. Perhaps my multiple post 'rant' on my love for Malamutes would have been helpful (see recent 'free ride board' thread). If weight is a major issue and you also want respectable quality then go for 32's Teams, although they are 'puffy'. In my opinion they are better than the Burton drivers from a construction and quality perspective. Just handling them in a shop makes that evident. If weight is not mega important then go for Malamutes. They have a few winning features:

- the liner becomes part of your foot and leg. Unlike 32's and Burton boots, the liner laces are actually on the liner. This is very valuable.

- the liner is not a moon boot therefore you foot does not roll in it (if you have a narrow foot especially). The foamy/thermafit style of liners do not have proper arch support nor foot hold. But they are comfy and warm.

- the heel lock down 'power strap'. The single best feature on a snowboard boot. Zero heel lift, total control. I have no idea why all boots don't have it?

- lacing system: in 2006 why tie boot laces? (I reckon though that the new Burton 2-stage system is probably slightly better)

- they are stiff, just like your sister likes it.

I met a few sponsored guys last year (the guiding company was sponsored, not really them as individuals). One of their sponsors was 32 and they were promoting the boots pretty hard. I couldn't help notice down in the tuning room under the chalet, bottom shelf below all the 32 tester boots ..... 2 pairs of very well worn and obviously pre-loved Malamutes. Which told me what they would be riding if not paid to ride something else.

(keep in mind: I have narrow feet so like a boot that has a mean narrow and tight fitting liner. Your feet may well be different)

I use and recommend DEELUXE boots. Once I wore the first pair I'll never go back to any other brand. Massive support all the way, warm and the only boots I've ever owned that I'd say were comfortable to wear all day. Met a few pros in Niseko a few seasons back who swore they were the ducks nuts!

I have been and still am very happy with my Deluxe boots. Pretty damn hard and really really good around the ankle yet comfy as hell and never had any probs with them. Prob def helped save me from breaking my ankle last season after a rather nasty falling out with a tree and a ledge!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tsondaboy:
_spud you really seem to love your Malamutes. I am also searching for a new boot for next season so most probably I will give them a try next year.
I do and you should \:\) (especially if your foot is narrow)

I picked up my new ones today.

Got a pretty basic question here thats not worth starting a new thread, so i'll just jump on the end of this one.

Do you think a gel liner is worth it as apposed to a basic liner boot?

I'm quite restricted to the DC's and Vans with the boa wmns boots here in Aus. (May have picked that up from my other thread.) Unless there was something else worth considering in Japan, it might be more difficult for me. But I'll be there soon! yay!

cheers! cool.gif