The "most snow on top of a vehicle" photo contest!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread got me thinking (as I have a hire car for the 20 days I am at Niseko) do you have the wipers up or leave then down in Japan when you park.

Also in Australia if you drive with snow on your roof you can get fined for driving with an unsecured load, what is the rule in Japan.

i'm and used drive around with a meter of snow on my van. it normally clears by itself after a km or two. it's probably an inconsiderate and dangerous thing to do. i think i will make more of an effort to get most of the major bits off from now on

but i remember seeing japanese tourists in canada diligently brushing every last snowflake off their car before they drove off

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Don't know about the rule of snow on the roof but as you can see with some of these pics sometimes people drive with a meter up there!

Probably doesn't do much for your gass mileage.

Anyone have some suggestions on how to free my car once I get back there?

there's not that much snow on your car. brush it off with a soft broom, shovel it out from behind it and get going.

one of my mates left his subaru sportswagon all winter in whistler. when the snow thawed in spring, the weight of the snow had pushed in the roof significantly, and it was all mouldy inside

i think he ended it swapping it for an ounce

Originally Posted By: spook
there's not that much snow on your car. brush it off with a soft broom, shovel it out from behind it and get going.

If it was soft fluffy Niigata snow, that wouldn't be a problem. My buddy tells me that after the snow, it rained a bit then the temperature droped well below zero and hasn't risen since. He said that while it looks soft and fluffy - it's a block of ice.

Tsonda - Get away from my car with that Jackhammer!!!

lol.gif