I did Kagura on Thursday. It was great, one of my better days this year. Not crowded at all. Upper lift was open and it was the first time I've been up there and not had to earn it. Pretty nice being able to ski that stuff from a lift, the snow up there was fabulous.

Weather was great, snowed a little early AM, was sunny and partly cloudy, until the afternoon when it clouded over.

Champagne powder blanketed the top of the mountain. I got about 4 good runs in before the top got pounded with tracks.

It was like letting loose a bunch of hungry animals the first hour that lift opened. After 2 hours you had to do some good hiking to find anything fresh.

By the way, do not bother spending the extra dough and taking the Dragondola over to Naeba. The ride was kinda cool if you've never done it before, but the conditions at Naeba were awful in comparison.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Muikabochi, Skidaisuki, Tsonda, Stuntcok, are you guys skiing/riding Kagura on Sunday?

I'm not sure yet but I might take Shinkansen/bus to Kagura Saturday night and ski Sunday morning.

Can we get together? \:\)

Yesterday I was best day ever on Kagura, There where some huge powder stashes right on some of the slopes. E.g. that black slope on the way down to Tashi, You really had to bust through some big banks there on the first run of the morning. All the pair chair lifts were full of people who were doing out of bounds runs(i.e. a lot of gaijin) children were falling an vanishing in the powder. And all the families just stayed in the restaurants because of the cold and visibility.

If I could go there again tomorrow I would. Found a great tree run in the valley. It really was the best snowboarding day this year.