I heard someone say it was the least snow in Kagura in living memory this last season - seems reasonable. I'm sure next season will be a step up and hopefully back to something like normal. I was quite surprised they managed to stay open as long as they did.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • SnowJapan Admin

Hi tsondaboy, thanks for posting - we'll be updating the now page with that soon.

The Romance lift is, I am fairly sure, a pair lift not a quad.

Ahh Kagura! I went there on most of my outings last season - and by timing my trips, I was able to get some good powder almost every time, despite the poor season. As with most high resorts though, watch out for the wind on snowy days. I did just that on, I think March the 3rd last year and went to Kandatsu instead - got almost of full day of waist deep! Might not get there so much this season cos a day trip is more tricky for me now.

Good news for the flat section. Will entice me to ride down more often.

On a side note, I like the pic on the link of the rusty Tashiro Gondola. When I look at most gondolas in the summer rusting away until next season I am always amazed that there are no safety concerns.

Anyway, good to see they are making some efforts to improve.

Originally Posted By: tsondaboy
The plan to open the BC lift (ie ex #3, now #5 romance) from the first of March this season... shifty.gif

That's too bad... I wonder if they'll open it on good weather days throughout the season as they did previously.

Thats because there was no free park one for the mitsumata parking lot last season. All the season pass guys were pissed about that, I remember. That was the first time that they didn't give free parking for the season passes in mitsumata side.

The tashiro side was free for all last season and from what they say in their HP it will be this season too.

• 4 weeks later...