Hey everyone, I am thinking of going to Nesiko in 2006, late Febuary to early March. I was wondering what your opinion would be on the quality of the snow around this time, and what would be the best time to go.

Any help would be great.

Thanks...

Yeh..it kind of sux that we left it so late, but didn't have much choice. The is a few of us going over so hopefully time it right. I'll have to talk to boys to going earlier then. Obviously Mid seasons would be Ideal, but a bit unrealistic for me at the moment......which once again suxs..

Or you can try somewhere else.

March will start to get uncrowded as well up there but... winds ten to pick up all over Japan then. You can get a day of semi springish weather then a huge 3 day dumping of snow. Last year I had a 2 epic days in March.

I dont think you have to worry about it at all. March is still awesome. However, this year you may have to deal with a differnt kind of issue rahter than whether you have enough snow or not(ovecrowding, quick caching of good off-piste, etc). Weve usually had excellent sessions way into April. BUT, bring your snoshoes...

I went for a week at the end of March a few years back and got nothing but fresh powder every morning. A mate went the following week and got some really warm days and slightly slushy conditions. Luck of the draw if you are pushing April, but March should be OK I reckon.

I went last weekend and had two epic day in DEC!!! Mid Feb conditions thi early in the season are quite rare, so I agree with Bushpig... Luck of the draw, however, your odds in Niseko(or any place else in Hokky for that matter) are way better than in most other countries around the world...

you'll either be riding sugar, packed powder, or fresh powder. & the base will be huge. we had some lovely sunny days in early march there 3 seasons ago, it was quite warm, quiet, & sugary freshies are fun \:\)