• SnowJapan Moderator

Yuzawa hasn't really got going yet unlike a few other places that seem to be getting a lot of early snow. Kagura has some pretty good conditions though, some good reports coming in from there. But we haven't had a real big snowfall in the town yet, just patiently waiting.

It's early yet though, no need to worry. We're just being spoilt by some very cool reports from other regions getting more. Take a look at December from last year:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/yuzawa-now-archive.php?month=12&year=2004

It will come soon

\:\)

• SnowJapan Moderator

Actually I'm pretty sure that most resorts at town level in Yuzawa don't actually have snow-making machines. There is hardly any base at all at places like Iwappara (20cm or less), so the town really needs that first big dump that Hakuba seems to have had already.

Quote:
Originally posted by muikabochi:
We're staging a comeback!
Lots of fluffy snow in the last 3 days.
Go Kagura!, Go kagura!, Go Kagura!, its yer biffday...etcetc.

seems to me that either Yuzawa or the "other place" \:D are good and its only mid-dec.

p.s. KAAAGGGUUUURRRRAAAA!!!!!....."the other place smells!"
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
you cant stage a comeback when you get 30cms and the other resort get 50cms lol.
Each to their own i suppose. Some like depth and some like length. eek.gif

Of course i mean season length.....where was the other place on the 27th Nov!!!!.... confused.gif ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
lol.gif did not realize there was this Kagura - Hakuba thing going on. Maybe that's why FT was asking me about Kagura being flatish in another thread! ;\)
Nah just spicing up a very dull day at work for me. SJ, their is no comp. really becos as my mate down pub told me the other night, after Feb you are better off with a surfboard than a snowboard in Hakuba... ;\)

Oh and my dad is bigger than yours!

I just saw a few snow flakes in Tokyo... I can only imagine what it is like in the resorts. What a start to this season!

People who can ride mid-week such as Montoya, Mr. Wiggles, etc... must be having a blast.

Wish I was out there. Too bad got one of those nasty bugs keeping me home (that is why I am posting during the day today, usually can only make it in the evening)!