think this also explains why snowjapan has been getting so many hits in the last two days - the reality of the early season sinks in when you see the stuff falling...

I'm in the corner where aichi, gifu and nagano meet and its been coming down here too for the last two days, much to the surprise of the locals... saw more than a few gasoline stands yesterday with people queueing for studless...

Yeah anyone who wants to help me are welcomed lol.. Actually my snowblower is still in a dock to maintainance, I called them yesterday because they took it there more than 2 weeks ago but they said it was still on the way ugahhhhh... have to shovel snow

\:\(

Thunderpants - because you have already had neuralgia? :p

Gams:

When you're done, come over to our place and get started. My shoulders are killing me from shovelling. \:D

Went up to Happo today for about 2 hours in white out conditions. Not a good idea for a beginner who has not been there before. Couldn't find the beginners slope in the white out.

Wound up chest deep in powder, unable to move. Took 20 mins to get the 5 meters to the groomed slope.

\:o

Think I'll wait for a nicer day next time.

Although they say they are only open up top, there is plenty of snow and quite a few people we sking down to the bottom.

Quote:
Originally posted by misorano:
My shoulders are killing me from shovelling.
Misos : It's a trial you have to overcome to survive in a snowy place like here.
\:D
I've already done 16 seasons, now in the 17th.
;\)

mmm went to Nozawa today and there was plenty of powder there, rode the skyline and I think I was the first person to ride it this season which makes me happy. Now although I have a season pass at Nozawa I'm considering go to Hakuba tomorrow for a few reasons

1.currently they have more snow (things will change later but for the time being they appear to be winning)

2.I have heard reports that early season skiing ar Hakuba is better than Nozawa, so I wouldn't mind checking it out for myself

but

1.how busy is it going to be?, because I'm sure that I can ride powder all day at nozawa, and have some area like the skyling to myself (letting you in on a little secret I know, but definately not recommended for boarders, I did the run 3 times today once with another snowboarder and they had lots of troubles getting through the snow because it wasn't steep enough, so they had to keep unstrapping and walking) for some reson I have the impression that hakuba is bussier than nozawa, but what is the general impression?

I guess that would depend where you go...plenty of resorts to choose from. Anyway, judging from the sheer amount of snow that's fallen, and the fact that it's pressing down the shrubs quite well, I guess you'd be able to ride almost anywhere from top to mid mountain level without too much bush bashing.

You'll already be finding out for yourself right now! I can only sit here and dream of January \:\( ...fair play, hope you guys are enjoying the powder swimming wave.gif

I hope you came cause there was no one in hakuba at all satuday or sunday.

waist to nipple on satuday

then

thigh to waist on Sunday due to the snow setting.

I like noz alo mate, but you can never say they get as much snow as hakuba. nozawa officailly gets 300 inches a year. Hakuba happo get 400+.

I hope you came though