• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thatd be my guess spuds.

Cortina is sweet but like everybody knows patrol are psycho there - hiding behind trees, waiting at the bottom of cat tracks, etc. One of my best days last year but had a long lecture by several patrols...wonder if that hottie will bust me again. Oh yeah, newcomic, theres a sexy woman there \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Da spud:
Mate, if you reckon the powder is good, wait till you meet the local ladies. They'll like you even if you're butt-ugly.
Haha, and she may be butt-ugly too but you wouldn't know either! As long as both parties are happy clap.gif

Cortina's great. Snows like buggery. Nice stuff on and off piste. Offpiste the freshies last much longer thanks to the ropes, but unlike other resorts, they're steeper but not way way steeper than the runs. One official run there is 36 deg av, max 42 for a good length. That's pretty much as steep as you get for official runs in Japan. I've seen people rave about offpiste places that have proved to be nowhere near as steep on this forum.

Cortina's well out of the way and there's nothing aside from the hotel. They used to have a load of Japanese Brazilians working there, some of whom were a good laugh.

Quote:
Originally posted by Da spud:
It was such a good day, if I wasn't wearing a helmut I think I would have got rope burn on my scalp
lol - I seem to remember we were actually jumping over the ropes. \:D

If my memory serves me, I think Mr. Sparkle and a few others got nabbed and then let go with a black pen mark on their passes so the patrollers would know they had already been warned in case they got caught in the trees again. I don't seem to remember that slowing them down much though.

Good times!