IM coming to Hakuba in 10 days to work for 4 months. Can anyone give me information on whether or not there is a cheap way to obtain passes for all the larger resorts, as i was told i would get sick of cortina in a day or two.

Any info on cortina would help please.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the job through an agency in australia called boobooski! I studied japanese for 1 year at uni but thats about it. I dont know too much.

Fattwins what do you mean "40degree plus with spacing so prefect that you will cry"

If you have only been Snowboarding once then you shouldn't have a problem with Cortina. It will keep you busy

Be carful about going into the trees as not only is it uncontrolled and you probably don't have the knowledge you will also get into lots of trouble when you get caught. And you will get caught. You will probably loose your job and that will end you 4 month "vacation" really quick

Quote:
Originally posted by newcomic:

Also how much is alcohol in japan and how strict are they on id's.

I hate to be jerk on this but look down a couple topics and you will find a complety silly and unneeded thread on this entire topic

thumbsdown.gif

Ask tetsu on patrol to drive you off the mountain sometimes.

If you have only boarded 10 times cortina might scare you.

My advice is this if you want to ride trees go somewhere else. You will get caught on your first day riding them. The patrol will know that you are staff and cut you slack once. After that you are looking at seriously loosing your job. You can get a pass for norikura through your resort. those 2 mountains are connected and together should be enough to keep you busy enough. Take my advice play by the rules where you work in Japan it doesnt float when you are the only one breaking them.