• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:
A rather unfortunate aspect of Aussie culture at times is getting aggressive when out drinking socially. Aussies in close proximity plus beer plus a lack of babes=fights. I think I may go to Hakuba this year.
...And if they manage to get a babe, they then pull her by the hair back to their cave.

It's good to see we're not generalising here... because ALL Australians incite violence, are agressive and disrespectful. If there's a few Aussies causing trouble in Niseko it's only reasonable to assume that the majority of Australians are unruly [censored]. Gee I don't want to disappoint you guys when i come over next year. I'll be sure to live up to your expectations and make lots of noise and mess. Awesome.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
Yama, not all Aussies are like this. Me, powwers and DB are certainly not. Lots of these recent visitors to Nisekoz (spelling mistake?) certainly are but not everyone. Just remember that.
no, Id never think that ;\) Actually most of my closest mates in Japan are from Oz. Itd be like saying all Americans are fat and stupid lol.gif

As always in any situation it is the minority that spoils it for the majority. People also have an unfortunate tendency to remember the bad things. This happens in all cultures!

Quote:
SerreChe wrote

I feel for those unfortunate souls who happen to be lovely people from the same country and tend to get painted with the same brush.

I live about 3 hours from Niseko and occasionally I get painted with this brush!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
Itd be like saying all Americans are fat and stupid lol.gif
You mean they're not? ;\) lol.gif

Yes, don't worry Ausbc, nothing personal going on, most of the folk slagging Aussies here are Aussies simply having a little dig at the famous Oz "culture" that we may not participate in but all know of so well.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
lol.gif Im not fat so its definitely not ALL yanks. Stupid, well thats a different question ;\) \:o
But you're an Islander aren't you?

Back to the original question, commonly people research the prices on a "basket of goods" from a possible destination. ( especially when there is a budget to stick by.)
I don't think it implies anything at all.

Yeh cool...i thought so, you may note a slight hint of sarcasm in my last reply....i'm not the least bit offended, just a bit confused as to the nationalities of the members of this forum....

After spending last year in Whistler, i think Niseko will be a nice change of pace. If you think there are a lot of Aussies in Niseko, then you should check Whistler out - and most of the aussies there stay for the entire season (as a working holiday), not just a few weeks. This allows them a tactical approach to mischief....

Can anyone answer a few questions for me?

- Is there any surf on Hokkaido?

- How cold is the japanese water in winter?

- Whereabouts is the famous 'wave pool' i've heard so much about? (there's only 1 good one....).

cheers.

hahahaha oh well no harm in asking! I agree NPM, why travel to Japan for a wave pool when I can drive south for 3 hours and get to margaret river and near perfect barells? I hear the Miyazaki wave pool is the best in the world...remembering that wave pool technology and innovation is still quite primitive and un-developed (Waves magazine, Sept 05). Great, now i'm referencing a reply on an internet forum. That's what years of university study can do to your subconscious.

I'm only intending to visit japan for the snow (and maybe just a little sample of the japanese girls...but only if i'm lucky enough).I don't like the cold, so I really can't see myself getting wet in those icy hokkaido waters. My westsuit is only 2mm thick and has holes through it so I think that pretty much confirms it. Good to know anyway, thanks boys and girls.

Number9, as for the Aussie working holidayers in Niseko...I suppose i'll soon find out if the epidemic is as bad as Whistler was!

All i can say is that last year in Whistler, there were so many Aussies and other foreigners working over there that it was almost impossible to find a decent job or even affordable accommodation. And if you've seen the size of Whistler Village and it's surrounding suburbs and businesses, you'll understand.

Niseko can't possibly be as bad.

Heh Ausbc. I've been to Whistler and Niseko and the Aussies I met in Whistler were all chilled and relaxed. I guess because they're working and don't have that "no cares, on holiday" attitude. Niseko on the other hand is fulla Aussies there for a week or whatever and treat the place like it's their local pub back home. Niseko used to be a real quiet, relaxed powder heaven with no nightlife. Now it's a slightly noisier powder heaven, still with no nightlife. Enjoy though. I wish I was there for the season!

ALright, I am new to this place, but it seems to me that some of you just may be chat room, or forum site, whatevert you call this place, snobs.

Granted, I have never been skiing in Japan, and maybe there are somethings going on in this town that dont go on in ski towns everywhere in the world, but I doubt it. Can it really be so bad in this Nesiko....will I find out when I go?

all the best kids,