• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha! Your coming all the way to Japan and this is your major concern? ;\)

Anyway a can of beer is about ¥500 or cheaper for happoshu from a convi or super, wine you can get cheap from about ¥2000 for a drinkable one! Of course there is cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Drinking out is usually expensive!

Enjoy your trip! wave.gif

Don't know about Niseko but a 500ml can of real beer is usually 270-300yen in conveni's. Malt liquor and other beer like concoctions are cheaper. Spirits are the way to go if you want to save money.

FT, you may be right, it may be a budget post. I am the first one to enjoy a beer after a good day of skiing. I have nothing against people drinking or getting wasted as long as they do not interfere with other people's right to enjoy their day as well. That is not my point though.

If I were to go to a place totally different from many standpoints including culture I do not think my first question would be about beer. But hey, that's just me, guess I am ol' fashioned in my priorities.

I hope Caroline has a wonderfull stay in Niseko and gets to discover more than the beer there ;\)

Beer is pretty important stuff. Wouldnt want to get halfway around the world to find that it is either unobtainable or too expensive. Its a consumption thing.

500ml cans of happoshu (beer kind of replacement stuff) around 200 yen. Real beer ie Kirin, Asahi cost about 300 yen for 500 ml can. I think wine is cheaper here than Australia except if you want to drink Australian wine. Australian wine is way overpriced.

How about these prices in

a) Hakuba

B) Zao

c) Appi Kogen

d) Yuzawa

e) Nozawa

;\)

(Do these things change in Niseko, does it have it's own little world thing going on or something?)

But seriously, hope you have a good time Caroline.... remember to tell us how it goes (beer and all!)

Caroline had a big smiley when she asked the question, so hopefully may have been a tongue in cheek question ;\)

Will be interesting to see how things go as the season progresses in Niseko. I am an optimist, so I hope last year (from the reports we got) was a fluke of nature that will not repeat itself. Otherwise, definetly a miss for me!

Ok I for one think it might be genki up there but... There are alot of places in the world that get way worse at night. Heck if it was Whistler we wouldnt care now would we. Look at all the Germans getting pissed on the slopes.

Here are hints though to stay out of trouble.

-Remember some places dont like you to have beer in the onsen, ask first.

-Dont jump into the bath.

-Dont throw snowballs at the snow plough.

-Dont hump the temperature tower.

-Your nutts stay in your pants at the sushi bar.

-Dont grind the ele schools hand rail.

-Dont put your smelly socks on top of the kerosene heater. Then wonder why there is no hotel when you come back after a night on da piss.

-Dont get caught smoking green or even trying to bring it over, 30 to 60 days of a cold lonely cell are calling your name if you do.

-dont buy 6 cans at 500 yen a pop then walk back and buy 6 more. Be smart and bfork over for a case of 24 for less money.

-Dont drink the 2000 yen 6 litre whiskey...just because its not really whiskey.

-Dont do tower pad sliding you wont win any friends.

-Dont cry if it doesnt snow cause I told you it was flat.

-Your nutts stay in your pants at the sushi bar.

what the hell does that one mean?

-Dont cry if it doesnt snow cause I told you it was flat.

heh

it's steep enough for most people to have fun ;\)

almost all red wines are served chilled in Japan too :rolleyes:

>Hahaha! Your coming all the way to Japan and this is your major concern?

Dittos. If youre that concerened about alcohol just bring it from Oz. Or buy the 120 yen cans of pi$$. Fattwins loves it :p

Id prefer 2 cans of good beer than 6 cans of pi$$.

I have a new system I buy 2 good beers then when I cant taste it anymore I more over to the piss.

She posted a few questions this one being the funniest.

I saw 26oz bottles of Jeam Beam at costco for 1000 yean.

JD 1200 I think.