Excellent! \:D

So guys, at the moment I've narrowed it down to two: Fernie and Whistler.

The situation is that I'll be travelling with a couple of girlfriends - one is a beginner and the other is at an intermediate level.

I'd personally prefer Fernie but I'm not sure if the terrain will be beginner-friendly enough for my mates. Comments?

Obviously Whistler is a great place and I wouldn't mind at all if I ended up there, but my first preference is Fernie.

A trip with a combination of both Fernie and Whistler would be great. Both beginners and intermediates are well catered for in both areas.

The best powder is in Interior BC. Whitewater is awesome, lots of great untracked not far from the lifts. Red Mountain is also great. But these two resorts may not be as appropriate for beginners and intermediates.

Fernie is fine for your friends, as is whistler.

Fernie has a good amount of balanced terrain.

Whitewater is not good for beginners it lacks that type of terrain really. Great hill, great snow but you friend will not have fun.

Red is alright but they have runs that can kill you, understand that when they say it is hard it is hard. your friend might struggle there as well but not as much as whitwater.

About 6 or 7 hours drive? I'm not certain though, I just guesstimated.

At this stage we're planning on going to Fernie. The others wanted to go to Whistler but as it turns out we have a couple of friends who may be working at Banff at the same time, so we might stay there a couple of days as well.

On a down note, one of my friends wants to bring her control freak boyfriend along. I don't want him to come because I personally can't stand him. The thing is, he hates skiing and I'm pretty sure the only reason he wants to come is because he's worried she'll hook up with someone else. At risk of looking like a total bitch and having her pull out of the trip, should I tell her no? Advice please!