What's the best skiing quote you have heard. Here's my favourite:

"One peculiarity about ski running is that its followers never lose their enthusiasm. And small wonder-for it is indeed a glorious sport. There is everything in its favour. It takes one into the open air amid the finest scenery, it tests every faculty, it provides exercise for every muscle, and it gives health, strength, and pleasure beyond compare."

(From an American Skiing publication circa 1930's)

Feel free to use quotes you have seen or from a friend, both serious and tongue in cheek.

"I think my favorite sport in the Olympics is the one in which you make your way through the snow, you stop, you shoot a gun, and then you continue on. In most of the world, it is known as the biathlon, except in New York City, where it is known as winter"

(Michael Ventre, L.A. Daily News)

"Powder. It's a drug. And like any other potentially addictive substance, it sucks up time, money and inclination, all of which eventually drain through a hole in your psyche. Seasons are squandered in its pursuit, lives are lost in its fury. It's a silken seductress, to which having once fallen prey to those wiles, you will always return, but whose continuous promise of tumultuous crescendo is never quite realized - there can never, ever, be enough powder. Given that, there can never, ever, be enough said about an inanimate substance with the power to mold disciples and the cosmic ability to both transform and transfix. It's a dimension. Powder"

boarding in whiteout and its snowing hard, going home on an unknown resort in nz

guy in front: "uhhhhhhhhh look...."

me, behind: "what?"

*i fall off 5m drop and make a big hole in the fresh at the bottom

from top of drop: "i think theres a drop up ahead"

me: "yeah thanks i noticed"

love those moments :p bit scary though

"Just because I slept with you, doesn't mean I have to ski with you"

lol.gif

It should be a given shouldn't it. (As long as they are your level).