Forgot to mention this is my all mountain set up which has served me well in Australia and in the deep powder in Niseko last February. If I was just looking at a powder ski for Japan it would probably be the Rossi Sickbird or K2 Anti-Piste with G3's.

How about the K2 World Piste with Voile releasables. Was going to try the Kahru t3 releasables but have really had no problem with the Voiles' so why change when what ya got is workin' well....

Can't beat Garmont for the boots though...Tele Ho

When I bought my Rossi T3's it was a toss up between them and the World Piste-both great skis. Another ski which has got good reviews in Coulior and Telemark skier is the Karhu Jak bc.

The voile releasables are a tried and true release binding. I had them on my old Tele-Sauvages for a couple of years. They work great at the resort but I found when they released in deep snow they were bastards to get back in.I hope the NTN binding is releasable. Looking forward to skiing on those when they come out.

Garmonts are great boots but Scarpa seem to fit my feet better.

Got any snow at Whitefish, Paul?

Knew there were some other telemarkers out there.

Never heard of Line Motherships - who makes them and what are their dimensions?

I am a Thredbo diehard. Ski lots of backcountry on the main range - Twynam,Watsons Crags, Little Austria, Club Lake and Leatherbarrel Creek.

Have you got any turns in yet, Snowhaus?