TR: First and Second turns of the Season. POWDER in the Tateyama. Nov 19/20 and 26/27

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just uploaded a bunch of photos... I'll try to post them here too but I've never done this before so it might not work. If anyone wants full-sized copies, let me know.

Cde_8.jpg

we tossed our skis across then did our best not to get our boots wet

Cde_7.jpg

yes, there were that many tents, and maybe 5 or 10 more that aren't in this photo

Cde_1.jpg

everyone and their mother skinning the same slope

Cde_6.jpg

even though there were so many trails to choose from...

Cde_9.jpg

toque had no problems getting down, but on the way up, well...

Cde_5.jpg

toque's skis, ready to go

Cde_3.jpg

fattwins

Cde_4.jpg

fattwins, again

Cde_2.jpg

it finally cleared up when we were getting ready to leave

they're in the ski-locker room, they keep it ventilated so it should be ok. I actually have another pair that came with the new split. A few weeks ago I attached G3 tail-clips, works good as its a swallowtail and the tail-edge is flat.

another week or two to go, then off we go into board-bum mode...

Nice pics guys. Good to see everybody had a great time. Looks like you managed to beat the crowds and get your own first tracks. The rest of the season will be less of a rat race in the BC as people spread-out. Sucks that the skins were not sticking. Looks like Toque's re-gluing experience is gonna come in handy. Reminds me the tail clips on my skis keep on coming off. Pisses me off. Maybe a bunch of duck tape will do in the end...

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:

Cde_9.jpg
I've done this so many times on my split...

As you can see I'm a veteran of the skinning face plant as well. I had another good one on the way in right next to a creek with my 20kg bag on my back. That was a little scary as I was punching through to the water below

Good pictures Kurisu
Send me the full size ones when you get a chance. I have lots of space on my email so don't worry about that.

thanks for the compliments on the photos... I think I was just lucky that they came out well. I used a sony cybershot, just on the automatic setting. I've got a Canon EOS that I use when I want to take better pictures, but I didn't want to lug an slr camera up tateyama. The mountain is beautiful itself... it doesn't matter who takes the picture or what camera they use.

FT and Toque I'll email you the pictures later tonight... gotta go shoot some arrows at kyudo now.

Quote:
Originally posted by NPM:
Kurisu, nice work behind the lense. What sort of camera were you using? The pics that Toque posted are fuzzy on my computer ... is it just me?
Ouch
They arn't fuzzy full size. Quite clear.

Thanks for the full size pics Kurisu

I went back into the Tateyama for the last weekend with my friend Dan. We had a really good run from very near the top of Raicho in nice deep powder on Saturday. Sunday morning a big storm moved in and going skiing would have been too dangerous. The wind was really strong and visability was down to zero we bailed and sat in the bus station with 7 busloads of BC skiers for 4 hours finally getting to the bottom at 3pm.

I didn't get the camera out very often so only have a few pictures \:\( But Dan took quite a few more than I so later in the week I'll have some mroe.

Saturday morning with the sun coming up over Yakushi just to the south of Tateyama. It looked like the day would be good.

toque_99.jpg

We spent a bit of time on the beacons as this was Dan's first time using one. We should all be doing this more often though. Other than being a life saver it is kind of fun playing around with them.

toque_100.jpg

After the beacon work getting up for our first run.

toque_102.jpg

The calm before the storm

toque_101.jpg