I know it doesn't really matter when riding pow, but i was wonder how much boot overhang is to much on ur board. Ive got about 3cm on my toe and about 3.5-4cm on my heel. ive got an angle (not stance,ground, edge of board to the most protruding point of boot)of just under 60 dgres each side.

Ive got a waist width of 25.0cm and i ve got forum youngblood boots size US 10.5, but are tiny bit o big (bought on tha net, scared of gettin to small, im usually a us10 in most other thing)the boots are fairly "chunky" tho

*WHat brands are known for having a small outer shell, and if ne one has got some for sale, may buy them, cheers wave.gif

* i know this is a popular topic, but most of the stuff ive heard is crap and no use.

The Burton SL-8 has a small footprint but costs mucho Dinaro.

From their website: "To minimize toe and heel drag we built the shell around its own last for a reduced overall footprint."

Otherwise I think Montoya is right about boots + bindings of the same maker.

I'm currently wearing in the boots i'll be wearing this winter.

I have the disadvantage of having one foot slightly bigger than the other, so one foot feels fine and is confortable for as long as I choose to wear it ie. the perfect fit. While the other is tight in the toe. I'm hoping after wearing the inners around the house for a bit, they will form better to my feet and by Decmeber they will give me no problems.

Be interested to know how anyone likes those FUSION Series Salomon boots. I bought Salomon boots last year on someone's recommendation and have only ridden them a few days, but wasn't that happy with them straight away. Maybe they need more wearing in?

The toe next to my big toe on my right foot seems to rub on my other toe in snowboard boots ALOT. It hurts after a few hours and I wonder if anyone had any suggestions to help this. I thought those 5 toe socks might help? What does everyone think?

Montoya, my friend has got a pair of malamutes (size US10)and even though they wouldn't fit in my bindings (too wide) i noticed that they had a LOT smaller outer shell, even tho my youngbloods are 10.5's. Yer i ve asked a few ppl latley and it seems that salomons do have nice boots (small outer shell)

5-toe socks would likely just increase the pressure. I bought a pair and I really don't like them. There's just too much material between your toes for comfort. They make your toes colder rather than warmer too.

One other thing is to move your bingings forward, towards the toe edge. It does sound a little close, but not impossible. If you are not one to be laying down the carves or doing turns on super-steep icy stuff, you should be ok.

As for the salomon boots, i wasn`t impressed with them, they don`t seem that comfy, nor can you take the liners out to dry them.

Besides, you could just buy a new deck on sale for what those salomons cost

OK. So I have a new board for the season and just have to put some bindings on it. I have ridden BURTON Customs for the last few years but if anyone has any other suggestions I am very well open to trying something new. Let me know what you are all using? I will be using them together with SALOMON boots.

I would see how well your new boots fit with the Burtons. If they don't interface well, check out the new stuff from Salomon:

SPX 88

http://www.salomonsnowboard.com/others/products/products.asp?id=784078

SPX PRO

http://www.salomonsnowboard.com/others/products/products.asp?id=784081

----

...huh, looks like I misread your post, your board is new - not the boots, right? anyway, would still check out the Salomon bindings.

Hey change of subject slightly. Just wanting to know what brands, mixture of, you would get when buying board, binding, boots package, "The perfect setup"... So when i do go to upgrade later, i have some more knowledge on what to get

cheers

32 boots are sick (moldable liners), and Never summer boards will last longer than you (3 year warranty, and the lowest return rate in the industry, i have been told). As for bindings, i dunno. I have been riding `hurtin` burtons, but only because i got them for free. I can`t reccommend them

As for cap straps, they are OK, but nothing super special. i don`t notice a huge difference when i ride.