I'm wondering if anyone has been adventuous enough to risk damaging their skis on the few resorts that have opened on jinkouyuki yet? I plan on heading to karuizawa next weekend, I just can't wait any longer.

This year I planned on going to Chile in August, but I had to stay while I waited for 4 months for my visa to be renewed. So no snow since april.

sava sorry mate, if you pronounce it like Japanese pronounciation eni would be any

Yamakashi, hopefully next year works out and I am able to go. The plan is maybe for 3 months, fingers crossed

I know a guy that has had ok early Oct powder in Zermatt and also in Saas Fee a week or so ago.

You are all a bunch of lucky pricks.

Screw this snowless, mountless, beachless, surfless city.

Big forced smile \:D

;\)

I agree with T and Y, it is best to have multiple such cities evenly distributed around the world. They do indeed serve as perfect lures to keep the losers, wankers and stupid people beguiled by career (me) out of the good places in the world. Burning down these cities would be the same as closing every macdonalds shop in the world: suddenly all the real food would have to be shared with the masses who formally knew no better.

It was the picture from Toque's office on another thread that really knocked the wind out of me.

I am permanently relocating all my snowboarding equipment to Italy over the next few weeks and then hope to get some snow in Dec.

That onsen looks like the lesser panda's bollocks.

soubriquet, your avatar seems to be licking its bollocks now. Tell it to stop - people are watching.

(Reminds me of when we and the neighbours trooped over to our rich neighbours' to watch Charles and Di getting married on their big TV. Their big dog kept on licking its big tackle right in front of the TV, and however insistently they kicked it, it wouldn't stop.)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went to Karuizawa last week Nov 12, great to get my first turns of the season in.

RockyV_10.JPG

karuizawa journal

Then yesterday I went to Shiga Kogen

Journal entry

more photos here

Obviously no comparison with the snow conditions at both places

RockyV_5.JPG

had a fantastic day, hopefully more of the mountain will be open next week

Hi RockyV - good to hear you had a good time.

About links to your own Photo Gallery. If a user clicks on the link you put in the thread above, they will go to their own photo gallery (or the login page if they are not logged in).

At the bottom of your own Gallery you will see this:

>>>>>>>

To Send this link to your friends click here

The unique address of this page for other people to see is as follows:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/insider/photo.php?userid=yourusername

>>>>>>

Use either of those methods to tell people directly about your own Gallery.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

I skied today. Took my snowmobile out to the pipeline and skied a hill near it. We only have about 20cm to 25cm of snow, but it's enough with the temps here. We got a good base in Ocotber. The snowfall since has been lacking bigtime, however. About 15cm fell today though. Enough to cover the minor obstacles. I've got some P-texing to do........

If you don't understand why, you shouldn't be in the debate \:D It's been really bad up here the last 5 years from what I've heard. This is word from Simpleton Alaskan rednecks who know more about Jerry Springer than they do politics........