• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there are lines through them if you wanted to do it, and were prepared for it you could. You would loose your pass cause its an up-hill out and would take you quite sometime to get out.

Im not saying to do it I think it shouldnt be done. That stuff is best left unseen cause most people would fall over the cliffs.

Toque, the point that Blair is trying to make is that if one skis/rides at Arai, abide by their rules, not go out of bounds because the skier/rider thinks he is good enough.

At resorts in other countries, an individual is free to huck himself off any cliff he wants, but will be the one to take responsibility and consequences of his actions. (Paying for rescue, etc.)

SKI you are always so entertaining

Other than causing some hassle for the patrol having to confiscate a pass that drainage doesn't cross any runs below right?

I've only been there once though and wasn't so impressed. If it were closer maybe...

Itd be nice if Japan was more like N.America or Europe in this sense. There could be a policy where when you buy a ticket that you enter a binding agreement which prohibits you from bringing any lawsuit against that resort for any harm/death that happens to you and that you will be held accountable for any injury you cause. Sounds fair to me.

Well tell me then SKI

What else is the problem?

We all know where you stand on breaking the rules

And we all know where I stand on having fun

I've already said that I've only been there once and there wasn't even snow on it so I don't even know what it looks like under big snowpack

And as I've only been there once in early season I couldn't know if there were runs that crossed it below or other avy dangers

Show me a picture of it and let's all have a little talk about it

Pictures and discussing the terrain is just not the point. The point is that they have their rules and you are seem keen on checking it out with the intent to basically break those rules.

Quote:
What else is the problem?
I don't know. I don't know what goes on at the resort. It seems fairly obvious that this problem is causing them some grief though.

Perhaps they might decide to become more strict with their conditional zones. They might become stricter in general. Perhaps they might decide to stop being as open to foreign guests as they now are. (Perhaps that might even end up indirectly affecting Snow Japans business). There's lots of things that might happen. There's nothing positive to come out of it though - oh yes, except 1 persons pleasure at the expense of anyone else........

Quote:
And we all know where I stand on having fun
What's that?

It seems to me that it is basically you having fun when you want it, however you want it - with no regard for any rules or other people? Sounds rather selfish to me, that.

AraiNow_106.jpg

the conditionals.

Toque you can sometimes push it too far though and you know it. You would get banned at WB if you did runs that were closed and you wouldnt want that.

As for a line down it skiers right down the middle witha minimun 2 meter drop or 2. Sometimes it fills in enough to ski straight down but I wont do it. I wont do it for the swame reasons that I gave you for not doing it my home mtn. It just causes more problems than its worth in the end. The Last thing I want or need is to be banned like some people have been and have to hide everytime I go sking.