1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Well I was given the bomb that I currently drive, so I can't complain, but shakken is up in May so I wouldn't mind a 4wd of some sort, just need to keep my ears open for someone else wanting to get rid of their car

Can't survive without cars in this snowy countryside.

Need to buy a lot at a time. I used to go shopping by train holding a backpack at my back around New Years Day when no by-pass route was available.

I've got myself an international driving permit. It costs barely anything and you never know when you might need to act as a getaway driver during a bank heist...

...hmmm should I have said that shifty.gif

international driving permits are good for tourists or the WH visa crowd, but long stayers need a japanese license. Shaken the car yourself the shaken place will tell you what you have to fix. You will save half if not more if you do it this way.

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
This is the first significant time since 1967 that I haven't owned a car or bike.
Do you remember the WWII by any chance, soubriquet??
\:D

I tried the DIY shaken when I was a uni student, it's legal and if you could have any chance maybe it'll be a good experience to learn stuff of your car. It doesn't take much time, you just need to check everything by yourself.
\:\)

I went through 2 cars within a month. I had a 1996 Subaru Impreza Wagon, but my friend got it t-boned. I now own a 1992 Daihatsu Mira J Turbo. I like the Mira, due to the fact that it's a manual, but my last car was an Impreza. I love Imprezas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by krotch:
I went through 2 cars within a month. I had a 1996 Subaru Impreza Wagon, but my friend got it t-boned. I now own a 1992 Daihatsu Mira J Turbo. I like the Mira, due to the fact that it's a manual, but my last car was an Impreza. I love Imprezas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I got an Evo and they shiat all over imprezzaz! :p

wow 6man a month, some of you guys must have good jobs! I pay 7man for everything because I live at a homestay (parking, food, rend, beer, electricity, internet, water, gas, kero, newspaper, telephone...) on top of that I have a few expenses like keitai, insurance etc, but no way could I afford 6man for parking!

montoya, I have never paid any for car parkings in my life yet as a monthly expense so no idea how it feels if I have to pay e.g. 60,000 yen for one. Maybe it's not that bad if it's 30,000 yen in Nakano?

Wizz, if one has 2 cars, s/he has to pay 170,000/month!

Yeah naganodave, for us naganoite(?) car is necessary but for those who live in a big city like Tokyo, Osaka, perhaps it's not necessary there. A lot convenient frequent transportation services available there, not like "service available once an hour or less" like here.

\:\(