Has anyone ever been down a closed non-lit piste during a nighter session with a headtorch or similar?

I have a fairly powerful one from a Fuji climb, and was discussing with buddies what it would be like... I say fun.

Advice/suggestions/ridicule for this idea please.

shifty.gif

I've been down a closed, non-lit golf course during a nighter session with a headtorch on a Dirtsurfer. I very nearly impaled myself on a sprinkler that I hadn't spotted on my reccy and the shock of that put me off doing it again.

yes, have done it, and very recommend!!

millenium new years @ Beaver Creek/Colorado. got the last lift to tha top and hiked to a hut. we all took some food and drink. beers, champagne, snacks and a cuppla jays.

at midnight we watched tha fireworks from atop and celebrated tha new year.

soonafter we rode down with miners lamps straped on. the descent was a bit dodgey- not sure if it was tha conditions or the `substance`.

just be sure to take it easy and try and suss out tha course your gonna take beforehand. GREAT experience though if ya get a chance \:D

it certainly was a memorable experience. I was fortunate enough to be staying with some instructors so they had access (read: keys) to a hut on the summit. the hike took less than 30min. the ride down was deff. a buzz.

lots of peeps commented on how we were mad bcos we were gonna miss `countdown` to the millenium. but we had our own and didn`t miss any festivities whatsoever. we rode all the way down the mountain and straight to a bar a little after 12:30a.m.- complete in snowboard wear and partied til the wee hours.

DJKoo, i recommend a mountain with snow on it ;\) ,,, but seriously, if ya get a chance to do it, go for it. i little preperation and you could do it anywhere. lol

• 1 month later...

make sure you check the run first. a couple of years ago some pro snowboarders in Whistler were coming down in the dark after a special filming session and they ran into some metal cables strung across the run. They got messed up real bad.