It is fun though

The last 5 or 6 years I have always started the season skiing shitty snow like that.

I recommend it if you don't have to drive to far for it.

But saying that in Canada I used to drive 3 hours each way for 1 run at the beginning of the season

thz for all the input guys~ i appreciated. i understand the snow condition is gonna be way better next month, but sadly that it's when i am going back home, i am a exchange student from the US. Well i am going home on dec 23, but for sure i ll have a chance ...but i kinda wanna do it this month too...anyway... sounds like it's impossible to go early november.

Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
saw karuizawa prince hotel is open for gelende weddings already.

is that real snow they're using? & is it as busy there as the other places you mentioned?
By real snow, do you mean the white slush that comes out of a tube hooked up to a small building in above zero tempratures? In that case, yes.
And share one 1 meter-wide by 500 meters long run with several hundred punters and you get my version of the seventh circle of snowboarder`s hell.
 Quote:
Originally posted by advantyper:
Mt. Baker open last week
Whistler BC open last week

Mt.Hood open this friday \:\) , taking friday off to do first dips boarding.

All the resort are in U.S. and Canada, so I guess it doesn't do much for members here. \:\)
Yup
I hate you guys
But when we are skiing powder all day long and you are racing for cut up crap the tables will have turned
;\)

ha..ha... sort of! so no resort open yet in lower Japan area?

the snow wasn't that great at Mt.Hood anyway on friday, tons of people there got to wait 10-15 mins for the lift. bit icy, but after 5 months without boarding, can't complain too much.