1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Yuzawa Park and Nakazato are fairly small places but I've had a few decent days there. Check the reviews section for more.

I don't think Gala is that small, esp when you link it up with Ishiuchi - big area that is.

If I want excellent snow I usually head off to Kagura/Tashiro.

If I want steeps, Kandatsu.

I quite like Maiko as well just to the north of Yuzawa.

Moguls has to be Hakkai-san a bit further north still in Muikmamachi (even so just 40 mins or so from Yuzawa)

at gala yuzawa, if you go up the top, then drop down the back, is it still gala?

Anyway, i went there on one fresh powder day and it was filthy! pretty steep and rugged, but heaps of snow and lots of options. a tad short, but you can blast it to the bottom in 1 clean hit and up again.

I might be taking a trip up that way this season.... it just doesn't seem to have the same vibe going on as Hakuba. Would like to spend a few days there though as well as Nozawa and Myoko area as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I like Kagura myself too but always have troubles working out what to do on super windy days when the top quad is closed. What does everyone else do when Kagura is only "half-open", or should that be "half-closed"?

if you are stuck at big restaurant at the base of the #1 quad, you can always hiking up the slope. however that slope is directly exposed to the wind so it's more than likely gonna be pretty scoured. also not much fun with 20-30km/h winds in your face.

I usually hit a different resort on super-windy days, such as Kandatsu, etc.