Hi, I'm going to Japan to ski for only two weeks but this is very early in season, christmas and to the 10 of January. Which spots are the best in the early season?

And except of Nagano and Niseko, which small places are the best for offpist skiing. Powder is all that I'm interested in!

Hope some of you guys can help me out. Skiing Japan is quite rare for us scandinavians so it's hard to find good information.

Thank!

Yes, I know Nagano is a region (northern part of Honshue right?). Basic plan is to go to Hokkaido. But where? And maybe stop at some resort on the way up if we go by train. I found good information about that in this forum.

Burt still I'm searching for some tips about the small spot, where the mountains are good, the powder deep, and the tracks are just a few...

Thanks! It's feels pretty odd with all small resorts of Japan. It was even easier to find info about Iran. Well that's maybe not so strange since they only have a handful of resorts...

Niseko will be part of the trip, even though it seems to be just overful with aussies yeling at each other... if goski.com is anything to go by.

Might also check out Furano, Nozawa Hakuba and Happo when I get to pinpoint them on the map and see if they fit in the route.

But I get pretty worried when somebody writes that all riding in Hokkaido is quite flat?

From my place, FT?

I don't think we have shuttle bus for Corcina lately.

They used to have the Hakuba Sanroku shuttle bus service before but as the bus pit in here and there, it took 1 hour even for Happo from my place. eek.gif

I drive my car from my place to Happo in 10-15 mins.