• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always game for ski outings. Hope this season will be easier with unexpected events: last season every time I planned to go somewhere something came up and had to cancel. Tateyama is bit far from Tokyo esp. as we have to go around. Quite a pain, and tough after a week in the office but why not.

Montoya, this week-end will be a bit tough as I have to go to shrine for baby's one month and also my parent are leaving for Singapore, but should be flexible after that. Let's try to organize something. Maybe can ask Sanno to join if he's interested since he does not leave too far.

SerreChe, maybe a weeknight after work might be easier for people in Tokyo to catch. Any suggestions for where to meet? I'm closest to Shinjuku but anyplace is good. If Shinjuku, there are bars like Dubliner's Irish Pub, Clubhouse - I'm sure other people know of more places..

tsondaboy, sunrise, sanno, anyone else interested?

Yes, I can drop by, depending on the nite. Next week's not so good for me, the week after will be better - Next week Wed and Fri are definitely no good. Also, feel free to pop into my gig any Sunday nite. I get long breaks and it's a nice chill place to hang out in.

This morning when I switched on the tv it was on the BBC tcker tape: "snow arrives in Japan". I know it is important but that important?

On the next run I saw that it was John Snow arrives in Japan, Bummer!

ah yes Sava, saw it too, thanks. Had to focus hard though to see that on the 6d forecast from the non-paying version! \:\)

John Snow !!! False alert!!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Yes he's coming to tell Japan and China how to run their finances....

That fit bird who does the weather on nhk kindly showed me some pics of the first snow on Mt Fuji just now. Very pretty it looked too. Said it was 10 days later than "normal" (average?), 10 days earlier than last year.

pie-eater, is that the really enthusiastic fit bird on NHK that has all the super-sincere smiles and expressive head-bobbing jive? My son accused me of smirking last time she was on. He thinks she's kimochi-warui, but I've become quite fond of her.

mb_0629193018.jpg

She's the one. I wasn't keen at first either but I am very keen now and look forward to seeing her. She is quite charming in a 'needs a right good rogering' kind of way. lol.gif can I say that? lol.gif

I like the way after she's said hey "bye bye" bit she does her little kinda bow, then her head does that little bobbing bit as you said. It's like she needs a few bobs to get back her balance. It is unique. We need a vid.

The Seiko Matsuda lookalike at the weekend is quite sweet too. Not too keen on the one that looks like a fish though.

So what's the name of the NHK lady who cares so much that we have the right clothes for the day's weather? I put half my research team on finding her name, but they haven't come up with anything yet.