• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm..... nov is crazy busy work-wise. if we can get things settled, we'll see. would enjoy meeting up with you kansai boys.

if we do go, probably have to stay at a hut since we don't have the winter camping gear.

serreche might be interested .. ?

Montoya, I am very interested to catch-up with Toque, FT & CB & yourself to do Tateyama but cannot make it for the early season snow due to family commitments. After early december I will be a lot more flexible, and will be looking to go anywhere, be it Tateyama, Hakuba, Kagura, Tenjin, Hakkoda... So I am sure we can catch-up after that. I know I will be drooling over the pics you guys will post once you are back though! clap.gif

Montoya, btw I am quite keen on Tenjin this season if you are interested!

serreche, no worries. yeah we can do tenjin, I have a local friend there who might be able to show us some lines. we'll have to hit it when the weather and snowpack are a green-light though, as that place slides very often.

I'm looking at the tateyama web-cam everyday, damn that place sure looks nice.

you know, I am interested in snow camping and would like to try it sometime this season. I was looking into what's needed for the snow - is this what you guys are bringing to your Tateyama base camp for shelter?

*double wall 4-season tent

*plastic tarp for bottom

*-20C sleeping bags & foam pads

*bivouac sack or sleeping bag cover

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:

*double wall 4-season tent
*plastic tarp for bottom
*-20C sleeping bags & foam pads
*bivouac sack or sleeping bag cover
3 season tent
no tarp
-10 bag. Well that's what it is rated at least
Outerbag cover

I left the class I was teaching before lunch for a few minutes to go out and stare. It is a great view. Always tourists coming up to take pictures.

That is the best it has been in a bit. And of course bad weather again for the weekend I think.