• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sava, if you were on an English Operating System computer, I guess perhaps you typed backslash in the last tag.

We have to type

[/img]

not

[\img]

It's interesting that when I type JP-Yen symbol, it would show up as a backslash on English OS computers and the opposite also happens which might be the case now.

;\)

I was all happy because of the early season start, but then not much snow this week (hense Nozawa postponing it's opening date). I was all down and out because I thought we were not going to have snow for another week or so (looking at the tv news) but now sava you have renewed my spirits by proving the forecast above, maybe 20cm or so over the next 6days for the Nagano mountains. fingers crossed

Just checked snow-forecast and (at least for the next 3days) there are only light snowfalls, unfortunately not quite enough to build up the base we need to open resorts up. the snowfalls are also for only above about 1400m so the bottom of most resorts remain bare (talking Nagano not Hokkaido).

I suppose I will have to be patient. I was just expecting an season much earlier than last year with all the snow and cold weather we had last week

As most of you probably know, this year we had a rather early start to the season, but then no snow for a week or so.

The grat news is they are forcasting lots of snow again from Tuesday onwards

Nozawa is reported to expect 64cm, Shiga-60 and Happo-51. if all comes in as forcasted it should allow many resorts to open and help me with the ski date I have planned for next week \:\)

beautiful nozawa expecting 1m between now and sunday!!!!!!!!! thats 100cm, not a misprint, fantastic.

Sava, I think Fattwins was refering to checking the current snow forecast.

not a biggie, but as a side topic, I was wondering if admin had thought about adding a few more Graemlins? I really wanted to add a snowman or a snow cloud or something to this post. Not a big deal, but when you have the time it would be great

I'm finding my info at snow forecast, the forcast has changed slightly since this afternoon currently if I add up all the amounts from tuesday to friday night at nozawa at 1650m I get 48cm, and up untill monday morning I get 97cm!

Fattwins, yeah I'm a member. It really is expensive service for what it is. I was a member last season and then I was hesitant to become a member again, but I wanted to know the info, so I decided to bite the bullet and pay.

I don't mind snow forecast, but it is heavily focused on Europe and America (Japan doesn't even get mentioned in the "snow roundup"). Also Japanese resorts are not currently shown under powder reported, even though most are reported to recieve more snow than Axamer Lizum (29cm until monday) which is number one on the list. And under new snow there is only a couple of dodgy resorts listed that most people have probably never heard of. Basicly I use them because I don't know anywhere better, I don't think they could even find Japan on the world map.

Therefore.... Does anyone know of a similar site in Japanese? I would prefer a service that knows and cares a little more about the reliability and accuracy of Japanese reports, anyone? last year I couldn't read much Japanese so I couldn't do it, this year however I think I could fumble my way through.

Also I agree with you Fattwins about mid mountain being a better judge of conditions, but hey the resort isn't even open yet, I just want to get excited about how much snow may or may not fall. \:\)

I was a paid up member when in Japan. Living in Osaka it was an invaluable tool in judging the worth of a weekend trip... the membership fees saved me many a wasted trip/guided me to the best spots, even set it up through the mobile/laptop and did a few 'stormchasers'

Looks like you chaps are in for quite the start to the season...

some yellow on the snow forcast 6 day map=100->150cm!! (for non-members just look at page 25 on this thread it updates automatically)

yupparine Nagano get more snow than Hokkaido, all of those misinformed aussies, please read this forum and don't go to Niseko! (actually I would hate it for my favourite ski resort to get overrun with henna gaijin so maybe you should stay in Niseko, just kidding :p )

Because I'm a Nozawa fan, 134cm forcast in the next 6 days at 1650!

Update: I think that now I can actually see some red on the map (over 150cm)! Japan is truely the best place in the world