• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
If you want to cancel and go for a hike it wont make me angry or anything. I already have 8 people coming plus jim in hakuba helping. The old owners now are cleaning up a bit as well.
That's alright
I'm excited to get out to Hakuba and see your place.

From the snow I was on last weekend I think I'll let it add up a bit. Was crusty and wouldn't want to ski on it at all.

Hey

Working at Whistler Village ski school and Siem is at the Blackcomb ski school. My bro is tossing up between ski school here and patrol at Mt Baldy. Any comments on Mt Baldy from anyone thats been there?

My High School best friend's older brother runs something important at that mountain

Looks good but very limited compaired to W/B

Snow will be quite a bit dryer although not nearly as much. It's in rain shadow of the coast mountains and only gets snow because of it's elevation. It's actually in the middle of a dessert

You can't really compair it. Small local hill up against the mass that is W/B

Gday everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Im sitting here in Sydney Australia where it is about 30 degrees celcius today - summer just starting to warm up - anyone know what its like in Niseko at the moment? Im coming over there with three mates in February for our first trip to Japan... the Photos look awesome already? is it snowing heavily there yet?

Hey Capt Stag,

My bro is in whistler as well at the moment!!! He is cleaning luxury houses to fund the winter skiing - clearly doesnt compare to ski school!!!! but should pay those canadian dollar bills he is accumulating - drop me a msg if you wanna chat I can give you his details to hook up there - I have been to WB a couple of times previously and I know how hectic it can get!!!!!!!

Thanks Sakebomb!!!!!!! looks great but as you said pretty sunny - is the minimal amount of snow normal for this time of the year??? I am coming to Niseko in Feb as I have been told that the later in the season the better for the copious amounts of Japanese Powder I have heard so many gorgeous rumours about!!!!! Can anyone recommend any good clubs, resturants etc... to hang out at?????

No, that amount of snow is quite normal I think, atually on the news last night they said it was late come to think of it. But it doesn't sit until later on!

Usually late December is when it really kicks in! (I hope so I haven't changed to winter tyres yet!)

For clubs etc do a search as that question is asked about 4 times a week so I am sure you will find it somewhere on the site!

Just for your info, we have just got permission to add that Yotei webcam to our own Now! page (as well as the SJ webcam center - the Annupuri one is already on there) - and we hope to have that updated by the end of tomorrow.

(And if you ever know of any good webcams that are not already on our site but you think would be a good addition, then please do email us with the info and we will see what we can do. Thanks!)