Well I bought some toyu last night and got the heater out. Smelly it was too, had it pointing out the window for the first 30 minutes or so to get rid of the initial smell. Nice to have the heater out though, it means winter is on its way.

I used to open my windows when the toyu fan heater got smelly. Now I keep it on the lowest setting all the time and it never smells. This keeps my room from getting muggy and saves me money on heating costs too.

It's nice and cool here today, but not too cool for shorts.

I got sunburnt two days ago slogging it up Goryu, so there's still a while to go.

goryu8ku.jpg

Autumn leaves at 2300m or so.

We've started weatherproofing our new place. Hopefully it'll keep the heating off for a few weeks.

That is a nice pic!!

Yama, most of the time I go to Nanae Ski-jo and ocassionally Niyama but this place is pretty small. One of the local resorts seems to be taking a year off this year - Yokotsu (thanx Mr Wiggles for that info). Weiss and Rusutsu are about 3 hours if we are up to more of an adventure!

Quote:
Originally posted by nagpants:
Smelly it was too, had it pointing out the window for the first 30 minutes or so to get rid of the initial smell.
I have kinda central heating system, so it doesn't smell at all
\:D
But needs tons of kerosene which always kills me. eek.gif

Quote:
whats the price of toyu in nagano right now?
Misorano is right, already 20 yen higher than last season. eek.gif

Nice pic, Mr.W. Did you hike all around?

I took advantage of this beautiful, still autumn weather to start preparing for winter today. All of the ground floor aircon units and the gas bottle sets need to be boxed in for protection. Then all the trees and shrubs have to be bundled up and sheltered under teepees. I love this time of year, it's great to be working outdoors, and the snow is coming \:D