• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn straight its about manners lin and co.

first day back on this site, back for winter and looking for it, settled just below hakuba- bring it on....anyway as i was saying, first day back on this site and i couldnt believe my eyes. as if you put that on this website???

sure it is open to everyone but there are only 300 passes, hence it was a bit of a locals thing, now cats from everywhere, generally with more cash than those who live in the area, are gonna try and score these tickets. When one shovels snow 5 months of the year, a cheap pass is a blessing, when one works his ass off for the coin in tokyo gets a cheap pass, thats just bollocks.

even more ridic for someone living overseas.

but forget all the hype, in four years of hakuba i have never met a soingle gaijin wwho has won this pass, despite many entries, and i have a dozen local mates who get em every year....connections make the world go round.

see you in hakuba Ftwins and whoever else i know on this forum thingy-

peace.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sanno:
I won't enter this if you all don't enter the ClubMed giveaway
Too right! People who live near a resort and have a season ticket shouldn't be allowed to enter a competition for free accomodation and lift tickets in another place!
eek.gif

What is with you lot? I think Gamera was right (and kind) put the link up. A lottery is just that - anyone can enter, anyone can win.

Quote:
Originally posted by sheepeshot:
damn straight its about manners lin and co.
...i couldn't believe my eyes. as if you put that on this website??? ...when one works his ass off for the coin in tokyo gets a cheap pass, thats just bollocks.
peace.
Peace wakaranai.gif

What's with this "locals only" mentality? If the tourists didn't come, there'd be no big resorts, no resort jobs, no big lift networks and no money for promotions like this in the first place.

Chill people. ;\)
 Quote:
Mt.6 season passport 22000yen only for 600people!
You can use this at Nozawa onsen, Kusatsu onsen, Shiga kogen, Zao onsen, Happo-one, Myoko kogen.
http://www.mt6.jp/
Will you apply for it or not? 22000yen sounds good deal for me. And this is cheaper than 10days passport(37000yen)!
last year Slow posted this , is this the same thing as this year or different again?
 Quote:
Originally posted by sheepeshot:
i have a dozen local mates who get em every year....connections make the world go round.
hmmmm , time to test out my influential Hakuba connections Smithers!

Right on Sheep and Fattwins. The happy 7 was up until now a bit of a "locals" secret and because of that kept on the downlow. Few people in a resort town including myself can be considered local but, its certain that my friends and I would get more out of that pass than others. Sure its a lottery and you have got every right in the world to enter but the fact remains that people make sacrifices in order to live in the area and/or live the lifestyle. Sacrifices which I believe should be respected. You respect someone, they respect you back.

Its the age old argument of localism vs development. As far as Im concerned, I couldnt care less if there were more tourists to sip lattes and fancy gondolas to stop them from getting their pretty one piece suits wet. Id rather hike with the crew and be up to my "you know whats" in the pow.

is the happy7 available to anyone or is it a lotto system too?

also, if fattwins is reading, do you have the goods on cheap condos/longer-term accommodation in hakuba? not sure where to post this question, sorry.

Quote:
Originally posted by bettyx:
is the happy7 available to anyone or is it a lotto system too?

Not sure what you mean there. There are a limited number of passes that anyone (*) can apply for. Its always oversubscribed, so its then names out of a hat to see who get them. So yes, its a lottery, but anyone can apply.

I think its something like a 1 in 15 chance of getting one, so its not exactly Hakuba's best kept "secret". Gamera who put the info up originally got NTT to put broadband into Hakuba, so he's done his bit for the locals, so to speak. It's wacko inaka cable radio if you're lucky up the road in Otari.

That said, lines and lots of other Hakuba stuff have no place on public forums. Use your common sense, people.

(*) I know of no anecdotal evidence of a Hakuba *address* winning. The Hakuba taxpayer chips in to the tourist association who arrange this, so its a bit cheeky tbh.

Didn't know it was Gams who got onto NTT.

Good on ya! clap.gif

Goryu has ADSL, but up in the Bessochi here it Hikari all the way.

Mr Wiggles:

I know what you're saying, but it's pretty hard to keep these things from getting out.

I'm trying as follows:

1. Hakuba Happy 7 (300 only )

2. All Nagano Pass (200 only )

3. Happo/Shiga Kogen (1000 only)

Does anyone know if the Happo/Shiga Kogen deal sells out, or this this the first year they have limited it to 1,000?

If this fails it looks like it'll be Goryu/47. Prob is you don't know the results until after the Goyu/47 hayawari deal ends.

misorano- thanks for yr advice. but.. how do i apply for the happo/shiga pass? & is the all nagano pass the mt6 or the snowlove?

i'm confused & can't remember which i applied for. if anyone is nice enough, can they please post the URLs in a list?

my question about the happy7 was whether it was a lotto system or not. are there any passes for happo where you can just pay money & get one straight up? or is it all by lotto?

& just how much do you need to invest to become a shareholder? my friends all get tix through their parents being shareholders in the lift companies.