• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manners?

Hmmmm. Very strange.

So how many times must I be able to use it to be able to apply in your mind?

20?

30?

40?

50?

Do you really think that all the people who enter the draw will be able to go that much?

If I had it I might end up going there for a couple of weeks, maybe even twice. Does that qualify?

wakaranai.gif

try tio enter then? every ski bum with no money in japan trys to enter this pass giveaway. Im not sure if you can enter from overseas but try to think about it this way.

you will ski in japan for how many days?

me ill put in 50 at least.

If i win I can control my costs much easier as can oll the other ski bums. To me its a case of manners if you dont intend to ski from dec through to at least the end of may then dont try.

Well I disagree, not about "manners" at all...

I bet tons of people who enter that will go less than 10 times even if they win. (I would go more than that).

Perhaps they should have conditions in the entry - only official "ski bums" can apply who promise to use it more than 50 times.

Can't see why they don't offer an unlimited number. It's run by the tourist assoc. Seems they don't think of the spin off effects in terms of the other parts of the ski industry in Hakuba (accomm, resturants, bars etc).

Short sited buggers!! mad.gif

I know of no anecdotal evidence of anyone ever having won with a Hakuba address, so the idea of the passes being intended for heavy use is not correct. They would go to 300 locals (3% of the population \:\) ) if that was the case.

The whole campaign is for promoting Hakuba only. That being the case, 300 random individuals around Japan who would then drag their mates or families here would probably be the best result.

As misorano says, an unlimited number of sensibly priced passes would make far more sense. Unfortunately the 13 or so lift companies involved don't see it that way. This thing is some kind of compromise cobbled together by the tourist association who ultimately don't call the shots.

Definitely. They probably want the people who win this to be from out of Nagano. No point in the ski bums getting them - even if they might "deserve" them the most, debatable as that is in itself.