Some good places for terrian, powder snow and friendly people

Hello again,

I am now turned off Niseko if there are heaps of Aussies there.

Where is a good place to do a season if I am interested in

challanging terrain

consistant powder (i have been unlucky in America and Canada before so dont really want to take a gamble)

Nice local people and not a sea of westerners.

Partying is not a huge factor but a little night life is always nice.

For some reason I have had my mind set on Hokkaido for the powder. Are the other prefectures also decent for powder.

My Japanese is low but I am working on it as I have lived here for two months.

Thanks in advance.

Was talking to the Gam man and after re-reading some of Tim's questions, I think what he's really saying is:

"I'm planning on going to Niseko but I'm not sure because there's lots of Aussies and I don't want all Aussies. I know of Hokkaido and there's lots web info saying that Hokkaido gets powder so I think I will go there --- does this sound like a good plan or should I go somewhere else?"

If you read the reviews, there's lots of places to go, you just need to work out what suits you. Powder is not definite anywhere because there's no control over the weather systems (yet).

The only thing that confuses me a bit is that he mentions that he's lived in Japan for two months. Where abouts in Japan? What do you do there?

Yes I am currently living in Hamamatsu, City in between toykoy and Nagoya. On the coast. Its a nice surf spot and there is heaps of wakeboarding also.

Anyway I am currently working as an english teacher and just waiting for winter.

Thanks for the info. I am now thinking somewhere around Nagano might be a better choice.

The above interprtaion of my questions was spot on.

How bad is the Aussie crowd at Niseko???

Quote:
Originally posted by advantyper:
have you try Whistler BC? I go there every new years, they always have tons of snow and many course/runs to pick from. Can't go wrong there..
Well like most places that need snow to get by you can go wrong. Just look at all the people just north of you that were screwed last season.