Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
takasu snow park
 Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
Dynaland tree runs
Both are no good. I'm just saying that on 1 days experience though. They look busy and are expensive.

Go even further north to the very top of Gifu and try HidaNagareha
Deepest snow in Gifu and great trees. Just watch out for the patrol. They like catching gaijin and are getting good at it.

I have to say the day I boarded Takasu I was impressed with the music but not with the crowded runs (I think it was a weekend w/ lots of fresh pow). And from the lift, I can't forget the image of looking down and seeing some kind of deer/bear looking animal. The loud speaker announced that we all would be wise to stay away from it. wakaranai.gif

in the summer its an easy drive. in the winter it could get icy. lots of hills to navigate. plus when you comeback youll have to fight the traffic jam. the tokaihokuriku is the worst for jams after sking. untill the highway has more than 2 lanes I like to be on that highway no later than 3;30

But if you were skiing up in the north at HidaNagreha and are taking the expressway. By the time your day is done and after an onsen it's 5. You won't hit the traffic until 7 or 8 when you might be getting just the tail end right?

You could always come up Route 41. Probably take 3-4 hours from downtown Gifu city in Winter as you don't get snow until just near Takayama and even then it's not bad until near the ski hill. It's a low elevation road except for 1 little pass you have to go over.

dude a saturday jam runs till 10 or 11ish.

a sunday prety much the same or worse.

the bottom road is about the same although you get your jam for free. If another section of the highway is opened this year it will help things pout a bit.

No no

41 comes right up the middle of the prefecture

Not so bad at all

In the winter it would be much better cause you stay down low in the valley bottoms

You just have to watch out for lunatic truck drivers like we both learned on our way to Tateyama