just turn on some music to go with the sports.

Since when has anybody actually given 2$hits about announcers and what they say in the first place? confused.gif

we all know theyre just talking out their @sses in the first place right? Usually no different from fattwins :p

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
As much as I wish he were still Canadian we have this over them

19 medals over your 2
So why does FT feel the need to even try and claim him in the first place?? :p

BTW FT, you logic fits ours perfectly there! Russel Crowe, we claim him as Aussie (moved to Aus from NZ when he was 9 or something) but the minute he is misbehaving in the press, then we write him off as a Kiwi! lol.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
The Mens moguls was subjective really, the Auzie/Canadian dude didnt pull the hardest tricks and wasnt the fastest but he stuck the landing.
Moguls is 50% mogul riding style, 25% jumps and 25% time, most of the points come from your style in the bumps, knees together, parallel skiis, a motionless unwavering upper body all that old school stuff.
Begg-Smith was very tidy in the bumps, take a look at his run, he got a good whack of the 50% on offer for style, coupled with perfect landings and a decent time.

I enjoyed watching Olympic with friends this weekend. We felt sorry for Ando. It was really painful to watch her skating in final. We thought she should have declined Torino if she wasn't ready. There were some other better skaters in Japan...

We couldn't understand how Aerial be judged. They looked same. However I was glad to see many aerial athletes used ID-one in Torino. And I liked khaki color boots which many alpine skiers using. Olympic is really good place for advertisement, isn't it?

Hockey final tonight, Finland-Sweden, the great Scandinavian rivalry with two very good squads that can play fast, creative, physical hockey. This should be real good, especially with the added historical and emotional intensity.

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
[QB] I enjoyed watching Olympic with friends this weekend. We felt sorry for Ando. It was really painful to watch her skating in final. We thought she should have declined Torino if she wasn't ready. There were some other better skaters in Japan...
She wasn't that bad! I feel sorry for her as some many false hopes were put on her by the media and now everyone is canning her.

That biathlon(??) with the snotty icicles plastered to their faces was pretty cool. Those are some tough bastards, and the penalty for missing the targets must be heartbreaking. See the look on the Norwegian guys face when he blew a 20+ second lead cos he missed a shot!

Hockey was great, a final game fit for the gold medal, though too many penalties were called. I love what are essentially NHL all star teams playing seriously and emotionally on the big ice surface. Best hockey around, bar none. NHL needs to go to the international standard because players are so huge and fast now (it'll never happen).

Bronze medal game was shown on tv?

Must agree #9. This Hockey was more enjoyable to me as non regular hockey fan, I have tried to watch NHL before but it didnt impress me.

Olympic Hockey gets a thumbs up from me.

thumbup.gif

Perhaps some teams that missed out on the finals should look at the teams that were in the finals for some examples of speedy skills and superb teamwork.

I was very excited to watch the Men's free style crosscountry skiing 50kms. Until the final track, still over 20 players were in a top group.

When someone 37 years old (they said) made a last spurt soon before getting in the track - a Russian or an Austrian player , I forgot everything and excited the most coz he had never got the top in the race. Younger players like Pirrel-Cottorel(ita), Sedelgren (swe) etc sometimes got the top though.

Congrats on Dicenta!

Very excited after a long interval.

Actually could not have enough time to watch any competitions but noticed it was the last day yesterday, so I made some time to do.

Usually women's race are more interesting though.

Maybe because I have expereinced cross country skiing for the first time this season.

Thanks Torino, thanks for all the players who give me impressions and courage!

Have to work hard again!!!

wave.gif

Damn, I got home just in time for the finals, so I missed the bronze medal game. Ah well, there was surprisingly a lot of hockey on BS1 throughout the tournament, though mostly tape delayed. I wish a cable sports channel would pick up all the non-Japanese Olympic sports, rights for that could be cheap enough for cable operators, hopefully.

SG I agree as do most hockey fans that the NHL has problems. The main issue is size these days though. the players went from an average size of 180cms to 200cms and the sticks got longer. The main problem is ice size but the NHL wont change thhe ice size its a money issue.

That's usually during the regular season. During the playoffs all teams are too busy trying to win games to give goons much ice time, let alone risk them taking stupid penalties. But the fighting leaves a lasting impression on non-hockey fans minds, hence the reputation. Fighting's good fun though, like rubbernecking a car crash on the highway.