But figure skating is by far the most popular event. Must be all the melodrama surrounding the event, and the actual performance. Unfortunate.

I think the Beggs-Smiths had a row with the Canadian ski team because they couldn't train full time due to their business responsibilities. Canada's loss..

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They went to Aussie highschools, that doesn't seem very fishy compared to many other national representatives :p

Anyways, Arakawa wins gold, but trains the US with a Russian coach. Banzai globalism \:D She just moved her training grounds to the States last year though, I believe. First ever non-Euro/NA figure skating gold in Olympic history, for what it's worth..

whatever FT :rolleyes:

Mate, a passport is a passport. How many people have been able to claim British citizenship because a parent has a British passport, despite never having set foot in the place? Besides, sporting defections are nothing new.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
Regardless of all this FT, WE have the GOLD, not YOU :p \:D :p
It's just an oversized washer hanging from a bit of wadding tape.

Suguri, bless her quivering low lip, was definitely robbed.

But instead of that soulful 'Thank you Jesus, you died on the cross so that I might skate' expression she makes when she's done, she needs to learn those fat, Olympic, 'I've just won Gold' smiles. Anyway, if she's finished with the Olympics, I know somewhere else she can work where pretty girls get to wear thin nylon slips and lift their leg up as high as it will go.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
And he is back in Canada sking hmmm fishy millionare fishy indeed
aahhh, drrrr. bit hard to be skiing in australia at the moment isn't it?

Whats so fishy about his business. He just seems like a really private person, and a smart one.

Most of the bad press has come from Canada... diddums.

Hehe. Nice sledging match.

He entered under the Australian flag, so all claims can only come from Australia :p

BTW Sock Monkey, just cos he hasn't given up his Canadian passport doesn't mean he is any less Australian. Many Brits maintain theirs despite becoming citizens in other countries.

19 medals to 2. If Canada didn't beat the Aussies by that many medals in the winter Olympics Canada would have to have a good hard look at itself, considering how much snow Canada gets to Oz. Shall we talk the Summer Olympics.......?

Quote:
Sock Monkey, just cos he hasn't given up his Canadian passport doesn't mean he is any less Australian
i made no such claim, i just pointed out that he is just as much a canadian (in fact, if not spirit) which you got on FT's back about.

Toque you are right. But we will take anything we can get in the winter olly's!

Lets see how the commonwealth games turn out!

there are alot of pop ups that are legit these days and if he didn't do it, someone else would have. Good on him for taking an opportunity at age 13!

who gives a flying **** about what he does in the business world? Since when have people had their non-sporting work counted as part of their ability. Irrelevent, even when deciding whether to try and claim him or not :p

And if this really is a pissing contest, then surely we must take the debate to the summer olympic medal tally... \:D

Id like to see some skiers in the half-pipe. Lets make it more like the Xgames which is 10xs cooler than the olympics anyways. WTF cares about watching Curling? Gawd its boring. And skiers and snowboarders downhill crap. Boooooooo thumbsdown.gif More short track than long track skating would be nice too. If they do keep curling as an olympic sport they should allow checking before the release of that damn stone at least \:D Now then wed see who has control and power! ;\)