No surprise to see that its the ones with the guns who have the most drugs.

The GS was entertaining. The minor competitors had a really hard time of it. My favourites were the guys from Madagascar and India. The Madagascan's ski flew off on the fourth or fifth turn while he still riding parallel. He must have had his binding set at 5 DIN. The Indian was shown at some indiscriminate part of the course 1:40 into his run. He looked like he was really taking his time. He soon ate snow and about two seconds later the next competitor, from some other ski mecca like Surinam, flew past.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crack games hmm.... I wouldnt watch it. I think if I read it right they found epo type stuff in the lodge plus the idiot banned coach. In these sports you cant have anything on you unless it is given by a doctor who is approved and more than likely has to have an official present during the tests.

This is what I expected. Miki has a chance ONLY if she tries quadruple salchow and succeeds. She has been saying that she is going to try,(hasn't succeeded since 2002 when she was 14years old), let's hope for the best.

any canucks watch the Hockey last night, it was live on NHK.

Canada were very lucky to win, their keeper was the difference. The faster more agile Czechs were all over them but couldnt get it in the net.

The Canadian team were big lumbering gorillas in comparison to the Czechs, is that geneally the the trend in NHL? big physically dominating players at the expense of agility?

Czechs looked great with its fast flowing non-stop offense while Canada got lucky and still hasn't played well as a team, very worrying for the playoffs. But because of those results we get Russia-Canada and Czech-Slovakia in the quarters, very exciting! Too bad none of the hockey quarters will be broadcast live (or even shown on tape delay, if I remember correctly..) I want Canada to win, but am looking forward to all the great European teams with the high intensity razzle dazzle, hpoefully Canada can get it together, but the player selection with too many mediocre veterans instead of young players performing well this season seems to be the biggest cause. Gretzky looked quite weary eh, dragging the gambling scandal and poor performance around. Poor guy.

Haha, figure skating scoring still doesn't make sense. Wonder why Mikity didn't try a quad in her short program though (that's what I heard), seems to make more sense scoringwise..

http://www.slate.com/id/2136701/?nav/navoa/

isnt the short program all the compulsory stuff that everyone has to do the same? the second one is the 'free' which I suppose is just that -free to do whatever you want.

Snowboarding dual Slalom - gotta say looks kind of boring! much more fun watching Downhill and Super G Skiing - more speed and jumps and excitement

That game was on at midnight.

Well, Canada never looked good in the tournament, and got rightly bounced by the Russians 2-0 in the quarters. That sucks, but at the same time the better team won, and the remaining games in the tournament should be better for it (same with Finland defeating the lacklustre US team).

Man, big ice hockey rocks, I wish the NHL went to international sized rinks..

Gold Silver Bronze Total

Germany 9 8 5 22

Austria 8 6 5 19

United States 7 7 4 18

Canada 5 8 5 18

Norway 2 8 8 18

Russia 7 3 6 16

Switzerland 4 3 4 11

Sweden 4 2 4 10

Italy 4 0 6 10

South Korea 4 3 1 8

Check that out

Canada is 4th. We're doing pretty good

Haha South Korea has 8 and Japan has none, that's gotta be embarassing. South Korea's skating program seems to be coming along very strongly with long track skaters now too. And there were South Korean and Chinese ski jumpers this time, the first I've seen them. Then again, Japan only won a silver and a bronze in Salt Lake, so winning none shouldn't be too unexpected.

Yah that's true

I'd rather they bit it in figure skating though and got a medal in Ski Jumping or Speed Skating

Because if they get a medal in Figure Skating we are going to have to see those girls on variety shows for the next 6 months sitting next to HardGay.

If Miki Ando gets a medal it's ok though

Freaking Euros changed the ski jumping rules to suit themselves and not the tiny Japanese. When everyone could use the same size skis the Japanese were flying. So now the Japanese have to fatten up before they comps so that they can use the same size skis. Its a freaking joke but then again they can keep stupid sports like that.

The one that follows them on the side is cool

And the one that is in the middle of the track when they go down the ramp

Really cool

But the sport is old fashioned and needs to be booted out

Bring in Big Mountain Comps, Big air comps and Skier halfpipe

But those are all judged sports so maybe not